Heli-One, a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services, announces the release of a new case study that documents the one month proposal-to-delivery Emergency Medical Services (EMS) stretcher modification for the Leonardo AW169. This case study takes a closer look into technical obstacles faced by Babcock Scandinavian Air Ambulance and the operational solution implemented by Heli-One.
Heli-One leveraged their team’s extensive Design and Engineering experience, collected collaborative feedback from EMS crews, and applied medical transport best practices to develop a solution that was timely and efficient. The base plate developed allows EMS crews to quickly adapt the stretcher position in accordance to patient transport standards. The solution’s quick installation and configuration were priorities to allow crews in critical missions to adapt rapidly and efficiently.
“We are excited to share with our industry how we developed this modification for Babcock Scandinavian Air Ambulance to help them continue their critical service of EMS transport in this rugged and diverse terrain. As a company with significant operations in Scandinavia, our team was happy to put in the extra effort to propose and then develop this modification in less than a month. We are thrilled to see the AW169 in service for Babcock Scandinavian Air Ambulance and are happy to be a part of their mission success,” said Eddie Lane, President, Heli-One.
Copies of the case study will be available at the Heli-One booth (K50) at the upcoming Helitech International exposition from October 16-18, 2018 at the Amsterdam RAI. Members of the Design & Engineering team will also be on hand to field any questions about this or other projects.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO