Heli-One, a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services, announces the release of a new case study that documents the one month proposal-to-delivery Emergency Medical Services (EMS) stretcher modification for the Leonardo AW169. This case study takes a closer look into technical obstacles faced by Babcock Scandinavian Air Ambulance and the operational solution implemented by Heli-One.
Heli-One leveraged their team’s extensive Design and Engineering experience, collected collaborative feedback from EMS crews, and applied medical transport best practices to develop a solution that was timely and efficient. The base plate developed allows EMS crews to quickly adapt the stretcher position in accordance to patient transport standards. The solution’s quick installation and configuration were priorities to allow crews in critical missions to adapt rapidly and efficiently.
“We are excited to share with our industry how we developed this modification for Babcock Scandinavian Air Ambulance to help them continue their critical service of EMS transport in this rugged and diverse terrain. As a company with significant operations in Scandinavia, our team was happy to put in the extra effort to propose and then develop this modification in less than a month. We are thrilled to see the AW169 in service for Babcock Scandinavian Air Ambulance and are happy to be a part of their mission success,” said Eddie Lane, President, Heli-One.
Copies of the case study will be available at the Heli-One booth (K50) at the upcoming Helitech International exposition from October 16-18, 2018 at the Amsterdam RAI. Members of the Design & Engineering team will also be on hand to field any questions about this or other projects.
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue