Heli-One, a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services, announces the release of a new case study that documents the one month proposal-to-delivery Emergency Medical Services (EMS) stretcher modification for the Leonardo AW169. This case study takes a closer look into technical obstacles faced by Babcock Scandinavian Air Ambulance and the operational solution implemented by Heli-One.
Heli-One leveraged their team’s extensive Design and Engineering experience, collected collaborative feedback from EMS crews, and applied medical transport best practices to develop a solution that was timely and efficient. The base plate developed allows EMS crews to quickly adapt the stretcher position in accordance to patient transport standards. The solution’s quick installation and configuration were priorities to allow crews in critical missions to adapt rapidly and efficiently.
“We are excited to share with our industry how we developed this modification for Babcock Scandinavian Air Ambulance to help them continue their critical service of EMS transport in this rugged and diverse terrain. As a company with significant operations in Scandinavia, our team was happy to put in the extra effort to propose and then develop this modification in less than a month. We are thrilled to see the AW169 in service for Babcock Scandinavian Air Ambulance and are happy to be a part of their mission success,” said Eddie Lane, President, Heli-One.
Copies of the case study will be available at the Heli-One booth (K50) at the upcoming Helitech International exposition from October 16-18, 2018 at the Amsterdam RAI. Members of the Design & Engineering team will also be on hand to field any questions about this or other projects.
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil