StandardAero announced today the signing of a three year agreement with Air Methods to support their fleet of Airbus Helicopters AS350 and EC130 dynamic components.
Over the course of this agreement, StandardAero will provide expert-level repair, light and major overhaul, testing, and modification of dynamic components for Air Methods’ fleet of more than 120 AS350 and EC130 helicopters. All services will be completed at StandardAero’s Airframe Center of Excellence located in Vancouver, BC.
“We have received 100% on time delivery to date since the beginning of this contract, with all cost targets and efficiency targets being met – I’m not sure we could ask for more,” said Leo Morrissette, Senior Vice President of Aviation Operations for Air Methods. “StandardAero’s customer support has been perfect. They are reactive when we come to them with a request, and proactive when they need something from us.”
As an approved Airbus Helicopters Repair Center, StandardAero possesses extensive dynamic component repair and overhaul capabilities for the popular H125/AS350, AS355 and H130/EC130 helicopter models, and also provides rental and exchange assets to its customers. In November 2017, StandardAero’s amended license extended these capabilities further to include global operators outside of North America as well, with services being offered to customers worldwide and conducted at StandardAero’s Vancouver, BC and Almondbank, Perth locations.
“This contract renewal reinforces our strong commitment to Air Methods and we are honored to once again be entrusted with supporting their fleet,” said Manny Atwal, Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Business Development for Commercial Helicopter Services at StandardAero. “We have been supporting operators in North America with our dynamic component repair expertise for many years, and with our expanded Airbus approval, we anticipate even greater demand from global operators also looking to take advantage of our experience and benefit from our increased presence in Europe.”
StandardAero’s dynamic component repair and overhaul capabilities for the AS350/EC130 family of helicopters encompass a wide range of key components, including the bevel reduction gearbox, combining gearbox, epicyclic, main rotor and tail rotor hub, tail rotor drive shaft and gearbox (including Fenestron) and mast assemblies. To learn more about StandardAero’s dynamic component repair capabilities and comprehensive tip-to-tail support offerings, please visit stand #K20 at the annual Helitech International taking place 16-18 October 2018 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO