StandardAero announced today the signing of a three year agreement with Air Methods to support their fleet of Airbus Helicopters AS350 and EC130 dynamic components.
Over the course of this agreement, StandardAero will provide expert-level repair, light and major overhaul, testing, and modification of dynamic components for Air Methods’ fleet of more than 120 AS350 and EC130 helicopters. All services will be completed at StandardAero’s Airframe Center of Excellence located in Vancouver, BC.
“We have received 100% on time delivery to date since the beginning of this contract, with all cost targets and efficiency targets being met – I’m not sure we could ask for more,” said Leo Morrissette, Senior Vice President of Aviation Operations for Air Methods. “StandardAero’s customer support has been perfect. They are reactive when we come to them with a request, and proactive when they need something from us.”
As an approved Airbus Helicopters Repair Center, StandardAero possesses extensive dynamic component repair and overhaul capabilities for the popular H125/AS350, AS355 and H130/EC130 helicopter models, and also provides rental and exchange assets to its customers. In November 2017, StandardAero’s amended license extended these capabilities further to include global operators outside of North America as well, with services being offered to customers worldwide and conducted at StandardAero’s Vancouver, BC and Almondbank, Perth locations.
“This contract renewal reinforces our strong commitment to Air Methods and we are honored to once again be entrusted with supporting their fleet,” said Manny Atwal, Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Business Development for Commercial Helicopter Services at StandardAero. “We have been supporting operators in North America with our dynamic component repair expertise for many years, and with our expanded Airbus approval, we anticipate even greater demand from global operators also looking to take advantage of our experience and benefit from our increased presence in Europe.”
StandardAero’s dynamic component repair and overhaul capabilities for the AS350/EC130 family of helicopters encompass a wide range of key components, including the bevel reduction gearbox, combining gearbox, epicyclic, main rotor and tail rotor hub, tail rotor drive shaft and gearbox (including Fenestron) and mast assemblies. To learn more about StandardAero’s dynamic component repair capabilities and comprehensive tip-to-tail support offerings, please visit stand #K20 at the annual Helitech International taking place 16-18 October 2018 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System