StandardAero announced today the signing of a three year agreement with Air Methods to support their fleet of Airbus Helicopters AS350 and EC130 dynamic components.
Over the course of this agreement, StandardAero will provide expert-level repair, light and major overhaul, testing, and modification of dynamic components for Air Methods’ fleet of more than 120 AS350 and EC130 helicopters. All services will be completed at StandardAero’s Airframe Center of Excellence located in Vancouver, BC.
“We have received 100% on time delivery to date since the beginning of this contract, with all cost targets and efficiency targets being met – I’m not sure we could ask for more,” said Leo Morrissette, Senior Vice President of Aviation Operations for Air Methods. “StandardAero’s customer support has been perfect. They are reactive when we come to them with a request, and proactive when they need something from us.”
As an approved Airbus Helicopters Repair Center, StandardAero possesses extensive dynamic component repair and overhaul capabilities for the popular H125/AS350, AS355 and H130/EC130 helicopter models, and also provides rental and exchange assets to its customers. In November 2017, StandardAero’s amended license extended these capabilities further to include global operators outside of North America as well, with services being offered to customers worldwide and conducted at StandardAero’s Vancouver, BC and Almondbank, Perth locations.
“This contract renewal reinforces our strong commitment to Air Methods and we are honored to once again be entrusted with supporting their fleet,” said Manny Atwal, Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Business Development for Commercial Helicopter Services at StandardAero. “We have been supporting operators in North America with our dynamic component repair expertise for many years, and with our expanded Airbus approval, we anticipate even greater demand from global operators also looking to take advantage of our experience and benefit from our increased presence in Europe.”
StandardAero’s dynamic component repair and overhaul capabilities for the AS350/EC130 family of helicopters encompass a wide range of key components, including the bevel reduction gearbox, combining gearbox, epicyclic, main rotor and tail rotor hub, tail rotor drive shaft and gearbox (including Fenestron) and mast assemblies. To learn more about StandardAero’s dynamic component repair capabilities and comprehensive tip-to-tail support offerings, please visit stand #K20 at the annual Helitech International taking place 16-18 October 2018 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award