Waypoint Leasing (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, today announced at the Helitech International Helicopter Expo that it has so far this year signed 33 leases, expanded Waypoint’s customer base to 35, and delivered its first aircraft to Colombia and Taiwan.
Within the last two months Waypoint has executed twelve leases for S-92, AW139’s, H135’s, H155 and S-76C++ helicopters. This brings the year to date totals to seven S-92’s, nine AW139’s, four H145’s, six H135’s, one AW169, one AS350B3, one H155, and one S-76C++.
Waypoint’s fleet is supported by over 40 employees based in six offices worldwide. With growth of its global footprint and increased scale, Waypoint further solidifies its position as a “relationship lessor” within the international marketplace. Waypoint’s aircraft diversity and customization capabilities enforce the lessor’s market-leading position across multiple mission segments including emergency medical services (EMS), government & humanitarian services, utility & firefighting, search & rescue (SAR), wind farm support, and oil & gas.
Hooman Yazhari, Chief Executive Officer said, “The displacement of the helicopter industry in recent years has created challenges, but also opportunities which we are confident we are well placed to capture. Throughout, the Waypoint team has continued to focus on building and servicing customer relationships in a way that creates partnerships and offers both exceptional product and service. Going forward, Waypoint will continue to strengthen and diversify its business, renew its fleet, and to innovate to adapt our business to serve our customers’ needs in a fluid market.”
Con Barber, Global Head of Sales/Head of Commercial added, “Some of Waypoint’s most significant accomplishments of the year include those in Asia, including the opening of our Hong Kong office and our entry into the Taiwanese market with the delivery of three AW169 helicopters to Emerald Pacific Airlines. The addition of three new customers has also further expanded and diversified our portfolio both by geography and by mission capability.”
Since its inception in 2013, Waypoint has been active in supporting oil and gas, utility, firefighting and other industrial-focused helicopter operators – increasingly Waypoint is targeting new mission segments including EMS, para public, humanitarian and wind farm support, which has become a core segment. Waypoint’s portfolio includes more than 166 aircraft for 35 customers in 3 countries with total assets in excess of $1.6 billion. Additionally, Waypoint has firm and option orders with aircraft manufacturers for 70 helicopters valued at more than $700 million, to be delivered over the next five years.
- GAMA working with EASA on eVTOL futures
- Era Group appoints SVP, General Counsel and Chief Admin Officer
- Klimov presents new engine at Airshow China 2018
- Flight Safety Foundation announces new CEO
- Canadian Coast Guard announces new facility in New Brunswick
- CPI Aero names ex Bell CEO as their new Chairman
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout