Helicopter operators flying popular EC130/H130 series aircraft now have access to the newest technology in main battery solutions.
Vertical Flight Solutions by EuroTec has received a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) from Transport Canada for its kit incorporating True Blue Power’s TB17 (17 amp-hour) Advanced Lithium-ion Battery into Airbus EC130/H130 helicopters.
The company reports it is also in process of obtaining U.S. FAA and European EASA approvals for the battery kit, further expanding access to this exciting technology.
Key features of this innovative integration and power solution include ultra-light weight, less maintenance and overall reduced life-cycle operating costs compared with traditional lead acid and Ni-Cad batteries.
A simplified two-year maintenance regimen is an advantage in comparison to the typical six-month OEM battery.
“Lithium-ion technology is the next generation of aircraft batteries,” states Adam Boyko, EuroTec’s Avionics and Design Manager. “As aircraft technology and avionics are advancing, we are excited to work with True Blue Power to offer a main ship battery solution that follows suit.”
Boyko adds that the batteries are lighter, more powerful, robust and feature ‘smart pack technology’ which senses voltage, current, temperature and incorporates a health monitoring system.
True Blue Power batteries also provide increased power during start sequences, with higher nominal output voltage.
“Thousands of True Blue Power lithium-ion batteries have been delivered to customers around the globe,” said Erik Ritzman, Director of True Blue Power. “Proprietary Nanophosphate® lithium-ion cell chemistry delivers a superior, high-performance product that is significantly smaller and lighter than competing batteries.”
Integrated heating technology enhances cold weather starting reliability, and intelligent battery monitoring is accomplished with an optional cockpit indication feature.
“True Blue Power brings cutting-edge, leading technology in lithium-ion battery solutions, and we are proud to partner our experienced design engineers with True Blue Power’s dynamic design group,” said Hoss Golanbari, VP of EuroTec.
EuroTec also reports Vertical Flight Solutions is in the final design and development phase of integrating high-capacity True Blue Power TB44 (46 amp-hour) Advanced Lithium-ion Batteries into the Airbus H135 series helicopters as well as other commercial helicopter models.
Visit EuroTec at Booth 507 during the upcoming Air Medical Transport Conference/AMTC in Phoenix, Ariz. and Booth 413 during the Helicopter Association of Canada/HAC Annual Trade Show in Vancouver, BC in November.
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets