Helicopter operators flying popular EC130/H130 series aircraft now have access to the newest technology in main battery solutions.
Vertical Flight Solutions by EuroTec has received a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) from Transport Canada for its kit incorporating True Blue Power’s TB17 (17 amp-hour) Advanced Lithium-ion Battery into Airbus EC130/H130 helicopters.
The company reports it is also in process of obtaining U.S. FAA and European EASA approvals for the battery kit, further expanding access to this exciting technology.
Key features of this innovative integration and power solution include ultra-light weight, less maintenance and overall reduced life-cycle operating costs compared with traditional lead acid and Ni-Cad batteries.
A simplified two-year maintenance regimen is an advantage in comparison to the typical six-month OEM battery.
“Lithium-ion technology is the next generation of aircraft batteries,” states Adam Boyko, EuroTec’s Avionics and Design Manager. “As aircraft technology and avionics are advancing, we are excited to work with True Blue Power to offer a main ship battery solution that follows suit.”
Boyko adds that the batteries are lighter, more powerful, robust and feature ‘smart pack technology’ which senses voltage, current, temperature and incorporates a health monitoring system.
True Blue Power batteries also provide increased power during start sequences, with higher nominal output voltage.
“Thousands of True Blue Power lithium-ion batteries have been delivered to customers around the globe,” said Erik Ritzman, Director of True Blue Power. “Proprietary Nanophosphate® lithium-ion cell chemistry delivers a superior, high-performance product that is significantly smaller and lighter than competing batteries.”
Integrated heating technology enhances cold weather starting reliability, and intelligent battery monitoring is accomplished with an optional cockpit indication feature.
“True Blue Power brings cutting-edge, leading technology in lithium-ion battery solutions, and we are proud to partner our experienced design engineers with True Blue Power’s dynamic design group,” said Hoss Golanbari, VP of EuroTec.
EuroTec also reports Vertical Flight Solutions is in the final design and development phase of integrating high-capacity True Blue Power TB44 (46 amp-hour) Advanced Lithium-ion Batteries into the Airbus H135 series helicopters as well as other commercial helicopter models.
Visit EuroTec at Booth 507 during the upcoming Air Medical Transport Conference/AMTC in Phoenix, Ariz. and Booth 413 during the Helicopter Association of Canada/HAC Annual Trade Show in Vancouver, BC in November.
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here