On the occasion of Helitech 2018, Systematic Aviation Services (SAS) from Malaysia has signed a firm order with Kopter for one SH09 helicopter in passenger transport configuration that will based out of the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport at Kuala Lumpur.
To promote this new customer, Kopter has wrapped its first prototype (P1) using the paint scheme of SAS, and is exhibiting it on the Kopter booth at Helitech. Please click here to view our short video showing how our helicopter was prepared.
SAS operates a mixed fleet of single, twin turbine helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft and is a key player in the region with missions covering corporate and private charter, medevac, land survey, aerial photography and filming.
SAS is also a reputed Part 145 maintenance center and CAMO, serving clients from the private sector as well as key operators from the para-public domain. Ismail Ashaari, CEO has built the capability to customize, design and adapt solutions for their clients on the basis of a Design Organization Approval (DOA) and believes the SH09 will enable his operations to further expand its commercial activities and open new areas of development such as shuttle, island hopping and touristic flights.
The order is perfectly timed with recent outlooks indicating that the region offers tremendous untapped touristic potential for flights and adventures, where the SH09 will stand out with its large cabin and exceptional field of view.
SAS is seasoned in having already introduced new aircraft types into the region and Kopter believes this experience can only strengthen the market entry of the SH09 and be the start of a long term client-partnership.
Ismail Ashaari, CEO of SAS, is present in Amsterdam to mark this announcement, showing that Helitech has become a global event, attracting visitors from far beyond Europe.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center