Leonardo is expanding support services for its growing customer base and helicopter fleet across Europe through two new agreements with regional partners, in line with the industrial plan.
The Company signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Heliwork Services to carry out an AW109 series overhaul. Heliwork Services in Thruxton, Hampshire, UK, is an Authorized Service Centre and Authorized Components Repair Centre for a range of Leonardo’s models and parts including dynamics and main / tail gear boxes (MGB/TGB). Under the new MoU, the existing AW109 series MGB/TGB mid-life inspection capability will be upgraded to full overhaul. The agreement marks the first instance a third party organization is granted overhaul capability on AW109 series MGB/TGB.
The agreement will serve the large commercial European fleet of multirole AW109s and its variants. The AW109 is a popular light twin noted for its superior performance carrying out a wide range of civil and parapublic missions.
Leonardo signed an additional MoU with SPECTO Aerospace (formerly Airborne Services) in the Netherlands, appointing SPECTO a Blade Repair Centre for the AW109 and AW139 twin engine helicopters across Europe, including Russia.
As the most successful helicopter programme in the last 15 years, the AW139 continues to maintain its best-selling and world leading position with orders for nearly 1100 units placed by over 270 customers in around 70 countries and more than 900 flying globally. The European market accounts for almost 30% of total AW139 sales.
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet