Leonardo is expanding support services for its growing customer base and helicopter fleet across Europe through two new agreements with regional partners, in line with the industrial plan.
The Company signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Heliwork Services to carry out an AW109 series overhaul. Heliwork Services in Thruxton, Hampshire, UK, is an Authorized Service Centre and Authorized Components Repair Centre for a range of Leonardo’s models and parts including dynamics and main / tail gear boxes (MGB/TGB). Under the new MoU, the existing AW109 series MGB/TGB mid-life inspection capability will be upgraded to full overhaul. The agreement marks the first instance a third party organization is granted overhaul capability on AW109 series MGB/TGB.
The agreement will serve the large commercial European fleet of multirole AW109s and its variants. The AW109 is a popular light twin noted for its superior performance carrying out a wide range of civil and parapublic missions.
Leonardo signed an additional MoU with SPECTO Aerospace (formerly Airborne Services) in the Netherlands, appointing SPECTO a Blade Repair Centre for the AW109 and AW139 twin engine helicopters across Europe, including Russia.
As the most successful helicopter programme in the last 15 years, the AW139 continues to maintain its best-selling and world leading position with orders for nearly 1100 units placed by over 270 customers in around 70 countries and more than 900 flying globally. The European market accounts for almost 30% of total AW139 sales.
- GAMA working with EASA on eVTOL futures
- Era Group appoints SVP, General Counsel and Chief Admin Officer
- Klimov presents new engine at Airshow China 2018
- Flight Safety Foundation announces new CEO
- Canadian Coast Guard announces new facility in New Brunswick
- CPI Aero names ex Bell CEO as their new Chairman
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout