Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, today announced at the Helitech International Helicopter Expo that it has delivered an Airbus H145 to Servicios Aéreos de los Andes (also known as Andes) in Peru in support of contracts within the onshore oil and gas sector.
Waypoint and Servicios Aéreos de los Andes were the first to introduce the H145 to operations in Latin America when the lessor and Peruvian operator executed their first lease agreement on an H145 in 2017, which is flying for and important mining company in extreme high altitude conditions in the Andes. The new helicopter will fly in extreme hot conditions over the amazon jungle.
Steffen Bay, Waypoint Director of Sales & Relationship Management for Latin America, said, “From our first transaction together, Waypoint has believed that the H145 is ideally suited for the operational conditions prevalent in Peru. We’re pleased to have the continued confidence of Andes backing our ongoing partnership.”
Luis Fontenoy Miranda, General Manager of Andes Air, said, “It is critical to our company that we have reliable helicopters capable of performing in the typically extreme conditions found in Peru. Waypoint has a strong understanding of our region, our business, and our challenges, making them an ideal strategic partner.”
Since its inception in 2013, Waypoint has been active in supporting oil and gas, utility, firefighting and other industrial-focused helicopter operators – increasingly Waypoint is targeting new mission segments including EMS, para public, humanitarian and wind farm support, which has become a core segment. Waypoint’s portfolio includes more than 166 aircraft for 35 customers in 34 countries with total assets in excess of $1.6 billion. Additionally, Waypoint has firm and option orders with aircraft manufacturers for more than 70 helicopters valued at more than $700 million, to be delivered over the next five years.
- GAMA working with EASA on eVTOL futures
- Era Group appoints SVP, General Counsel and Chief Admin Officer
- Klimov presents new engine at Airshow China 2018
- Flight Safety Foundation announces new CEO
- Canadian Coast Guard announces new facility in New Brunswick
- CPI Aero names ex Bell CEO as their new Chairman
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout