As part of DART’s international expansion and the company’s goal to better serve its customers worldwide, DART is opening a new Repair & Overhaul (R&O) facility in Amsterdam, Netherlands. This is following the opening of the now one-year-old warehouse, located in the outskirts of the city.
“Our operations are located close to the Schiphol Airport, as this will allow quick and efficient logistics for us and for any customer located in the EMEA region,” states Harvey Siemens, newly Operations Manager for this R&O facility. Siemens was recently relocated from the Calgary, Alberta engineering facility, where he had the role of Design Manager for the company.
DART is planning to replicate its Repair & Overhaul Center of Excellence, located in Broussard, Louisiana. The new facility will also be used as a European warehouse for the company. “No matter where the customer sends the products for repair and maintenance, they should experience the same quick and easy customer experience,” explains Marcelo Gonzalez, Vice President General Manager of the San Diego, California facility, which specializes in flotation system design and manufacturing. Gonzalez will be overlooking the new Amsterdam facility’s activities.
With this new 500m² center of excellence and a new Operations Manager in place, the company’s focus in the next few months will be the following:
- Work with European Authorities to have the correct certifications
- Ensure the right set-up for inventory level
- Hire and train new team members
- Buy and install the necessary equipment needed to maintain, repair and overhaul the kits
DART expects its new service center in Amsterdam to be fully operational by June 2019.
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app