As part of DART’s international expansion and the company’s goal to better serve its customers worldwide, DART is opening a new Repair & Overhaul (R&O) facility in Amsterdam, Netherlands. This is following the opening of the now one-year-old warehouse, located in the outskirts of the city.
“Our operations are located close to the Schiphol Airport, as this will allow quick and efficient logistics for us and for any customer located in the EMEA region,” states Harvey Siemens, newly Operations Manager for this R&O facility. Siemens was recently relocated from the Calgary, Alberta engineering facility, where he had the role of Design Manager for the company.
DART is planning to replicate its Repair & Overhaul Center of Excellence, located in Broussard, Louisiana. The new facility will also be used as a European warehouse for the company. “No matter where the customer sends the products for repair and maintenance, they should experience the same quick and easy customer experience,” explains Marcelo Gonzalez, Vice President General Manager of the San Diego, California facility, which specializes in flotation system design and manufacturing. Gonzalez will be overlooking the new Amsterdam facility’s activities.
With this new 500m² center of excellence and a new Operations Manager in place, the company’s focus in the next few months will be the following:
- Work with European Authorities to have the correct certifications
- Ensure the right set-up for inventory level
- Hire and train new team members
- Buy and install the necessary equipment needed to maintain, repair and overhaul the kits
DART expects its new service center in Amsterdam to be fully operational by June 2019.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee