As part of DART’s international expansion and the company’s goal to better serve its customers worldwide, DART is opening a new Repair & Overhaul (R&O) facility in Amsterdam, Netherlands. This is following the opening of the now one-year-old warehouse, located in the outskirts of the city.
“Our operations are located close to the Schiphol Airport, as this will allow quick and efficient logistics for us and for any customer located in the EMEA region,” states Harvey Siemens, newly Operations Manager for this R&O facility. Siemens was recently relocated from the Calgary, Alberta engineering facility, where he had the role of Design Manager for the company.
DART is planning to replicate its Repair & Overhaul Center of Excellence, located in Broussard, Louisiana. The new facility will also be used as a European warehouse for the company. “No matter where the customer sends the products for repair and maintenance, they should experience the same quick and easy customer experience,” explains Marcelo Gonzalez, Vice President General Manager of the San Diego, California facility, which specializes in flotation system design and manufacturing. Gonzalez will be overlooking the new Amsterdam facility’s activities.
With this new 500m² center of excellence and a new Operations Manager in place, the company’s focus in the next few months will be the following:
- Work with European Authorities to have the correct certifications
- Ensure the right set-up for inventory level
- Hire and train new team members
- Buy and install the necessary equipment needed to maintain, repair and overhaul the kits
DART expects its new service center in Amsterdam to be fully operational by June 2019.
- Paradise Helicopters earns safety accreditation
- GAMA working with EASA on eVTOL futures
- Era Group appoints SVP, General Counsel and Chief Admin Officer
- Klimov presents new engine at Airshow China 2018
- Flight Safety Foundation announces new CEO
- Canadian Coast Guard announces new facility in New Brunswick
- CPI Aero names ex Bell CEO as their new Chairman
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety