Just a few days ago, DART received a European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) certification on its EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System.
The kit has also been approved by Transport Canada. Combined with the original Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) STC, received at the beginning of August, this allows more than 75% of EC130/H130 operating globally today to retrofit their aircraft with a cable cutter system.
With growing requirements for systems to mitigate risks of wire strikes, particularly for aircraft in firefighting and operating in an urban environment, this kit should be a welcome option for EC130/H130 operators looking to put those aircraft to work.
Guardian Flight just recently completed installation of the DART kit and has committed to retrofitting their existing fleet of H130s.
“Working with DART was a great experience,” states Sean Erhardt, Director of Completions at Guardian Flight. “They helped us with our need for a cable cutter system on our new H130 fleet and kept us informed throughout the product development process.”
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet