Just a few days ago, DART received a European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) certification on its EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System.
The kit has also been approved by Transport Canada. Combined with the original Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) STC, received at the beginning of August, this allows more than 75% of EC130/H130 operating globally today to retrofit their aircraft with a cable cutter system.
With growing requirements for systems to mitigate risks of wire strikes, particularly for aircraft in firefighting and operating in an urban environment, this kit should be a welcome option for EC130/H130 operators looking to put those aircraft to work.
Guardian Flight just recently completed installation of the DART kit and has committed to retrofitting their existing fleet of H130s.
“Working with DART was a great experience,” states Sean Erhardt, Director of Completions at Guardian Flight. “They helped us with our need for a cable cutter system on our new H130 fleet and kept us informed throughout the product development process.”
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf
- Kawasaki receives 5-blade H145 order from Thai corporate operator
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Garmin® GI 275 electronic flight instrument CDI/MFD ready for helicopter installations
- GPMS Foresight HUMS now active on B407GXi
- Leading Edge Aviation adds B407GX to fleet
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract