The Nevada Division of Forestry (NDF) is excited to announce the new addition of an advanced rescue hoist system, which will aid in emergency response and lifesaving rescue efforts primarily for injured wildland firefighters. Hoist extraction is the use of a mechanical retractable cable on which a rescuer is lowered from a hovering helicopter to a victim’s side to secure the victim. Both are then raised to the interior of the helicopter to fly the victim to the next level of professional medical care.
In emergency or rescue situations, time is of the essence. An installed hoist rescue system is the quickest and most effective method for NDF crews to access and rescue individuals, supporting the best possible outcomes for the injured victim.
“NDF, working with cooperators, is very excited to roll this new equipment out for the safety and well-being of firefighters in Nevada,” said Kacey KC, State Forester Firewarden at the Nevada Division of Forestry. “This equipment is critical in supporting our mission of protecting life and property in our great state.”
In Nevada, numerous situations have prompted aerial evacuation of firefighters, injured individuals, and those lost in remote locations. With the most advanced safety mechanisms, coupled with unmatched efficiency and proven reliability, the new rescue hoist is recognized as the industry-leading method for air rescue.
Additionally, due to the nature of our basin-and-range state, wildfires often spark in remote areas that are inaccessible to rescue vehicles. The hoist will be a critical tool that allows EMTs to quickly access, stabilize, secure, and extract injured firefighters and members of the general public from these remote areas.
This week, the Nevada Division of Forestry and local government partners have been receiving professional training to utilize this new equipment. Interested in seeing the rescue hoist in action? Join NDF for a live demonstration this Friday and Saturday, 1pm-3pm, at the Alpine County Airport.
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey