Leonardo announced at the Air Medical Transport Conference in Phoenix, Arizona that EMS provider Life Link III has logged over 15,000 flight hours and transported over 8,000 patients with their fleet of 10 Leonardo AW119Kx helicopters.
Operating eight helicopter bases in Minnesota and Wisconsin, Life Link III is the largest hospital-based non-profit consortium program in the United States with ten member-owners. Life Link III’s AW119Kxs function as flying Intensive Care Units (ICUs) providing emergency pre-hospital care for patients often in critical condition.
The AW119Kx has met high standards of operational requirements and availability since the first aircraft was delivered to Life Link III in early 2014. Configuration includes advanced glass cockpit and night vision goggle (NVG) capabilities.
Leonardo continues to grow their presence in the North American EMS helicopter market which now totals more than 110 across a fleet of AW119s, AW109s, and AW139s.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation