Lease Corporation International (“LCI”), the aviation division of the Libra Group, has completed the transition of a Leonardo AW139 helicopter to enter service with Elitaliana S.r.l. (“Elitaliana”) in Italy.
The helicopter, which is being converted for full emergency medical services (EMS) operations from Oil and Gas (O&G) operations, is the second of its type operated by Elitaliana. It enters service alongside three AW169 helicopters delivered by LCI in 2016, 2017 and 2018, operating from Elitaliana’s EMS bases in Rome and the Lazio region.
The AW139 was transported to Italy from Malaysia following a long-term lease from LCI to Weststar Aviation Services (“Weststar”) – the largest offshore helicopter operator in South East Asia.
This is the latest in a series of successful transitions that LCI has performed, which also include the movement of another AW139 helicopter from Malaysia to Nigeria.
Crispin Maunder, Executive Chairman of Lease Corporation International, said: “LCI has worked with numerous customers to successfully augment their operations by transitioning helicopters between operators, sectors and locations across the globe.”
“Some of these transitions have involved significant changes from one role to another, ocean or air transportation, cross border tax considerations and other complexities, all of which LCI can manage seamlessly as a full-service leasing partner to operators across the globe.
“Elitaliana has been a trusted partner of LCI for many years, and we are delighted to continue supporting one of Italy’s leading helicopter operators. The delivery of the AW139 has been successful and the aircraft is now fully equipped for EMS operations in the market in which it is needed.”
Manfredo de Windisch Graetz of Elitaliana, says: “As Elitaliana’s EMS operations in Italy continue to expand, we are delighted to welcome our second AW139 helicopter to the fleet, utilising the skills of our long term partner LCI to seamlessly grow our operations.”
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19