Leonardo announced at the Air Medical Transport Conference in Phoenix, Arizona that EMS operator Life Flight Network has logged over 40,000 flight hours with its fleet of 21 Leonardo AW119Kx helicopters.
Life Flight Network is the largest air ambulance not-for-profit in the United States with a service area that includes Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana. Life Flight Network’s AW119Kx fleet acts as mobile Intensive Care Units (ICUs) providing emergency medical attention to patients often in critical condition.
Life Flight Network was the launch customer for the glass-cockpit outfitted AW119Kx in 2013, a feature that has contributed to the strength and success of the aircraft. Each Life Flight Network AW119Kx is equipped with a state-of-the-art Garmin G-1000H cockpit, Night Vision Goggle capability, satellite weather, and the capacity to transport two patients or a specialty team, with unencumbered full-body access.
Life Flight Network’s helicopter fleet also includes one AW109 Power. Life Flight Network is a celebrated part of Leonardo’s expanding presence in the North American EMS market which now totals 110 across a fleet of AW119s, AW109s, and AW139s with the new generation AW169 type expected to join the other models soon.
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Duke Energy picks GPMS Foresight HUMS
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system