Leonardo announced at the Air Medical Transport Conference in Phoenix, Arizona that EMS operator Life Flight Network has logged over 40,000 flight hours with its fleet of 21 Leonardo AW119Kx helicopters.
Life Flight Network is the largest air ambulance not-for-profit in the United States with a service area that includes Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana. Life Flight Network’s AW119Kx fleet acts as mobile Intensive Care Units (ICUs) providing emergency medical attention to patients often in critical condition.
Life Flight Network was the launch customer for the glass-cockpit outfitted AW119Kx in 2013, a feature that has contributed to the strength and success of the aircraft. Each Life Flight Network AW119Kx is equipped with a state-of-the-art Garmin G-1000H cockpit, Night Vision Goggle capability, satellite weather, and the capacity to transport two patients or a specialty team, with unencumbered full-body access.
Life Flight Network’s helicopter fleet also includes one AW109 Power. Life Flight Network is a celebrated part of Leonardo’s expanding presence in the North American EMS market which now totals 110 across a fleet of AW119s, AW109s, and AW139s with the new generation AW169 type expected to join the other models soon.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator