Leonardo announced at the Air Medical Transport Conference in Phoenix, Arizona that EMS operator Life Flight Network has logged over 40,000 flight hours with its fleet of 21 Leonardo AW119Kx helicopters.
Life Flight Network is the largest air ambulance not-for-profit in the United States with a service area that includes Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana. Life Flight Network’s AW119Kx fleet acts as mobile Intensive Care Units (ICUs) providing emergency medical attention to patients often in critical condition.
Life Flight Network was the launch customer for the glass-cockpit outfitted AW119Kx in 2013, a feature that has contributed to the strength and success of the aircraft. Each Life Flight Network AW119Kx is equipped with a state-of-the-art Garmin G-1000H cockpit, Night Vision Goggle capability, satellite weather, and the capacity to transport two patients or a specialty team, with unencumbered full-body access.
Life Flight Network’s helicopter fleet also includes one AW109 Power. Life Flight Network is a celebrated part of Leonardo’s expanding presence in the North American EMS market which now totals 110 across a fleet of AW119s, AW109s, and AW139s with the new generation AW169 type expected to join the other models soon.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock