WIKING Helikopter Service GmbH has signed a multi-year HEMS contract with four offshore windpark operators, Ocean Breeze Energy & Co. KG, OWP Butendiek GmbH & Co. KG, OWP Nordergruende GmbH & Co. KG and Veja Mate Offshore Project GmbH after a joint tender to support their rescue chain. WIKING provides the rescue helicopter incl. pilots and hoist operator 24/7. The Cooperation partner Offshore Response and Safety ORS GmbH supplies the medical part incl. emergency doctor, paramedic, medical equipment, rescue coordination center and telemedical consultation on 24/7. The HEMS helicopter is based at JadeWeserAirport (Germany) next to Wilhelmshaven.
“We are delighted that we have been selected by four offshore windpark operators to prove our continued confidence in our high level of safety, quality and performance standards” stated Ernst Nassl CEO WIKING Helikopter Service GmbH. “As the leading HEMS helicopter service provider in the North Sea, we are proud to again build with these partnerships on our 43 years aviation experience supporting our wind offshore customers”.
The service started in the late summer. HEMS flights operated with Leonardo Helicopters AW139, departing from WIKING’s home base at JadeWeserAirport to the offshore wind farms BARD Offshore I, Butendiek, Nordergründe and Veja Mate located in the German North Sea.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines