WIKING Helikopter Service GmbH has signed a multi-year HEMS contract with four offshore windpark operators, Ocean Breeze Energy & Co. KG, OWP Butendiek GmbH & Co. KG, OWP Nordergruende GmbH & Co. KG and Veja Mate Offshore Project GmbH after a joint tender to support their rescue chain. WIKING provides the rescue helicopter incl. pilots and hoist operator 24/7. The Cooperation partner Offshore Response and Safety ORS GmbH supplies the medical part incl. emergency doctor, paramedic, medical equipment, rescue coordination center and telemedical consultation on 24/7. The HEMS helicopter is based at JadeWeserAirport (Germany) next to Wilhelmshaven.
“We are delighted that we have been selected by four offshore windpark operators to prove our continued confidence in our high level of safety, quality and performance standards” stated Ernst Nassl CEO WIKING Helikopter Service GmbH. “As the leading HEMS helicopter service provider in the North Sea, we are proud to again build with these partnerships on our 43 years aviation experience supporting our wind offshore customers”.
The service started in the late summer. HEMS flights operated with Leonardo Helicopters AW139, departing from WIKING’s home base at JadeWeserAirport to the offshore wind farms BARD Offshore I, Butendiek, Nordergründe and Veja Mate located in the German North Sea.
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Duke Energy picks GPMS Foresight HUMS
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system