WIKING Helikopter Service GmbH has signed a multi-year HEMS contract with four offshore windpark operators, Ocean Breeze Energy & Co. KG, OWP Butendiek GmbH & Co. KG, OWP Nordergruende GmbH & Co. KG and Veja Mate Offshore Project GmbH after a joint tender to support their rescue chain. WIKING provides the rescue helicopter incl. pilots and hoist operator 24/7. The Cooperation partner Offshore Response and Safety ORS GmbH supplies the medical part incl. emergency doctor, paramedic, medical equipment, rescue coordination center and telemedical consultation on 24/7. The HEMS helicopter is based at JadeWeserAirport (Germany) next to Wilhelmshaven.
“We are delighted that we have been selected by four offshore windpark operators to prove our continued confidence in our high level of safety, quality and performance standards” stated Ernst Nassl CEO WIKING Helikopter Service GmbH. “As the leading HEMS helicopter service provider in the North Sea, we are proud to again build with these partnerships on our 43 years aviation experience supporting our wind offshore customers”.
The service started in the late summer. HEMS flights operated with Leonardo Helicopters AW139, departing from WIKING’s home base at JadeWeserAirport to the offshore wind farms BARD Offshore I, Butendiek, Nordergründe and Veja Mate located in the German North Sea.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit