CHC Australia has appointed its first two engineering apprentices since February 2010, promoting two local Broome employees into the roles. Stuart Mackenzie and James Brown are CHC’s newest apprentices after successfully applying for the Diploma of Aeroskills (Mechanical) apprenticeships at the Broome base. Prior to the apprenticeship opportunity, James was a long-time ground crew employee who returned to CHC earlier this year after a short stint away and Stuart worked at CHC as a ramp assistant for just under a year.
“CHC is pleased to be re-commencing its apprenticeship program again in 2018, strengthening the company by building our long-term capability,” said Regional Director, Vince D’Rozario. “CHC is delighted to fill these roles with high-quality, local employees, and looks forward to seeing the progression and future of the new apprentices at CHC.”
Stuart and James commenced their apprenticeships in the past fortnight and will take the next four years to complete their training.
The apprenticeships will include theory and practical-based learning for maintaining rotary wing aircrafts. The course consists of:
- Common and technical stream units required at Certificate IV level in the aircraft maintenance stream with electives determined by the B1.3 licence sub-category; and
- Diploma level mechanical technical stream units covering advanced fault diagnosis and aircraft weight and balance calculation.
The two ramp assistant positions were backfilled with local Broome residents Karen O’Connor and Ronald Murphy. They started in their roles earlier in October.
On 16 October, Aviation Australia, the appointed training organisation, MEGT, Apprenticeship network provider, and CHC’s maintenance leadership were in Broome to register James and Stuart into the Apprenticeship program. CHC’s next apprenticeship intake will be around May 2019, with two additional Engineering apprenticeships places expected to open.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)