Airbus Helicopters delivered the first two H135 helicopters with Helionix in police configuration to its Brazilian customer Ciopaer. The two delivered helicopters will be used to reinforce public security in Ceará State, as well as providing support for aeromedical operations in other regions of the state. Ciopaer’s fleet already includes two AS350s and four twin-engine helicopters of the H135 and the H145 family.
“The pilot’s workload is facilitated by the stability of the aircraft, which helps to maintain a constant altitude,” said Ciopaer’s Lieutenant Colonel Marcus Costa. “It can transport two pilots and five crewmembers, has flight autonomy of more than three hours and has special equipment such as a searchlight, electric winch, rescue kit and infrared camera.”
“These deliveries strengthen our partnership with the Government of Ceará and increases Ciopaer’s twin engine Airbus fleet, demonstrating the excellent cost-benefit of these models. We appreciate Ciopaer’s confidence in our products and services,” said Richard Marelli, CEO of Helibras.
On top of the 4-axis autopilot, Helionix offers an innovative cockpit layout which helps to increase situational awareness. Designed with up to three large electronic displays on the H135, the cockpit is Night Vision Goggle compatible and includes a First Limit Indicator which highlights the appropriate engine instrument data for the pilot in one indicator.
The H135 family of helicopters are used by police forces all around the world, with more than 200 helicopters in-service in this segment. In addition to law enforcement, the H135 performs a wide range of missions including Emergency Medical Services (EMS), corporate transport and military training.
To date, more than 1,270 helicopters of the H135 family are in operation around the globe with more than 4.7 million flight hours.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)