Airbus will this week join other international aerospace and government agencies exhibiting at the New Zealand Defence Industry Association (NZDIA) Forum. Now in its 21st year, the event is taking place 30 October – 1 November at the Palmerston North Central Energy Trust Arena.
Airbus is located at Stands 14 – 15 with an exhibit enabling visitors to experience virtual reality presentations of a range of products, including the A400M military transporter, H225 search and rescue helicopter, the A330 MRTT tanker and the City Airbus future air taxi demonstrator.
Rob Elder, Acting Managing Director, Airbus Australia Pacific said the company’s presence at the event would enable visitors to get updates on the extensive range of products and services offered by Airbus, as well as its latest innovations.
“These virtual-reality scenarios are designed to give guests a first-hand experience with sounds and an environment as close to real life as possible,” he said.
Mr Elder said that Airbus Australia Pacific had been nominated in this year’s Minister of Defence Awards of Excellence to Industry in three categories with the winners to be announced at the Forum’s gala dinner on Thursday 1 November.
“We are pleased to have received several nominations related to our contract with the Royal New Zealand Air Force to support its NH90 helicopter fleet and our P3 Underwater Intelligence Solution.”
“The Minister of Defence Awards of Excellence to Industry play a valuable role in recognising the contribution made to Defence by Industry,” Mr Elder said.
Mr Elder said that Airbus had a long and mutually beneficial relationship with the New Zealand Defence Force.
“Airbus has a history in the region of more than 40 years and we look forward to many more years to come,” he said.
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight