Airbus will this week join other international aerospace and government agencies exhibiting at the New Zealand Defence Industry Association (NZDIA) Forum. Now in its 21st year, the event is taking place 30 October – 1 November at the Palmerston North Central Energy Trust Arena.
Airbus is located at Stands 14 – 15 with an exhibit enabling visitors to experience virtual reality presentations of a range of products, including the A400M military transporter, H225 search and rescue helicopter, the A330 MRTT tanker and the City Airbus future air taxi demonstrator.
Rob Elder, Acting Managing Director, Airbus Australia Pacific said the company’s presence at the event would enable visitors to get updates on the extensive range of products and services offered by Airbus, as well as its latest innovations.
“These virtual-reality scenarios are designed to give guests a first-hand experience with sounds and an environment as close to real life as possible,” he said.
Mr Elder said that Airbus Australia Pacific had been nominated in this year’s Minister of Defence Awards of Excellence to Industry in three categories with the winners to be announced at the Forum’s gala dinner on Thursday 1 November.
“We are pleased to have received several nominations related to our contract with the Royal New Zealand Air Force to support its NH90 helicopter fleet and our P3 Underwater Intelligence Solution.”
“The Minister of Defence Awards of Excellence to Industry play a valuable role in recognising the contribution made to Defence by Industry,” Mr Elder said.
Mr Elder said that Airbus had a long and mutually beneficial relationship with the New Zealand Defence Force.
“Airbus has a history in the region of more than 40 years and we look forward to many more years to come,” he said.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines