The FAA today announced it is relaunching its $500 ADS-B rebate program effective immediately and through Oct. 11, 2019. The Aency is making $4,900,000 available under the rebate program, which will fund 9,792 ADS-B Out installations.
As of Jan. 1, 2020, aircraft flying in airspace where a transponder is necessary today will be required to be equipped with compliant ADS-B Out technology.
“The ADS-B mandate is not going away. We are about 15 months from the Jan. 1, 2020, deadline and now is the time for aircraft owners to equip,” said FAA Acting Administrator Dan Elwell.
The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) welcomed the rebate’s return.
“Pilots across America thank Acting Administrator Elwell for reopening the ADS-B Out rebate that will make our skies safer and more efficient by incentivizing even more pilots to adopt the cutting-edge technology. This is the last opportunity for GA aircraft owners to take advantage of the FAA rebate in meeting the 2020 deadline,” said AOPA President and CEO Mark Baker.The previous rebate program, which ran from Sept. 19, 2016, to Sept. 18, 2017, issued more than 10,000 rebate payments.
As before, there are five steps aircraft owners should follow to meet the mandate and receive the $500 rebate:
- Purchase the equipment and schedule installation.
- Obtain a Rebate Reservation Code by reserving a position online.
- Install the equipment.
- Conduct the required equipment performance validation and get an Incentive Code.
- Claim the $500 rebate online using the Rebate Reservation Code and Incentive Code.
As with the earlier rebate program, the relaunched rebate program is available only to those who have not yet equipped their aircraft.
To help determine which ADS-B products might be best for your aircraft, see the AOPA ADS-B Selection Tool online.
In addition to the ADS-B Rebate reservation portal, the FAA’s Equip ADS-B website lists FAA certified ADS-B equipment and features an equipage database searchable by aircraft type and model.
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted