Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS), the leading provider of global industrial aviation services, today announced the upcoming retirement of Jonathan E. Baliff, Chief Executive Officer of Bristow Group, in the coming months. Thomas N. Amonett, Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors of Bristow, has been appointed to serve as the interim President of the Company during the CEO transition process. The Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee of the Board of Directors is leading the search for a new CEO, with input from the Board of Directors and the support of an executive search firm.
Until Mr. Baliff’s retirement, he will focus on integration planning for the Columbia Helicopters, Inc. (“Columbia”) acquisition, which was announced by the Company in a separate press release this morning. Mr. Baliff will resign from the Board of Directors concurrently with the effectiveness of his retirement.
The senior management of the Company will report directly to Mr. Amonett, who will work closely with Thomas C. Knudson, Chairman of the Board of Directors, to oversee operations. Mr. Baliff will continue to report to the Board of Directors.
Thomas Knudson stated, “On behalf of the entire company, I want to thank Jonathan for his contributions over the past eight years, including his advancement of our long-term strategy to diversify and expand our capabilities for existing and new customers. During Jonathan’s tenure, we positioned Bristow to become the world’s premier, diversified industrial aviation services company, and I am confident Tom’s substantial operational and leadership expertise will allow him to skillfully guide the team as we embark on this next phase of growth. While we are now a more effective, efficient organization, we still have significant work to do to reduce costs and improve our financial position. The Columbia acquisition will strengthen our financial position, broaden our industrial aviation capabilities, and continue to diversify and expand our fleet and customer base.”
Thomas Amonett commented, “I look forward to collaborating closely with Tom, senior management and the rest of our talented team to continue to enhance our operations, improve capital returns, and deliver the best and safest service in the industry.”
Jonathan Baliff stated, “I am honored to have led Bristow, and I am proud of what our teams have accomplished since 2010, including improving our Target Zero safety culture, strengthening our capital allocation and operational processes and diversifying our aviation services. I believe the Company is well positioned to seize opportunities in the growing market for industrial aviation. I am committed to executing a smooth leadership transition, and I look forward to serving as a representative of Bristow on the Columbia Board of Directors.”
Thomas N. Amonett Biography
Thomas N. Amonett joined Bristow’s Board in February 2006. Mr. Amonett has served as a member of Bristow’s compensation committee since 2006 and on Bristow’s audit committee from 2006 to 2016. Most recently, Mr. Amonett served as president and chief executive officer of Athlon Solutions, LLC from 2013 to 2018. Prior to Athlon, Mr. Amonett served as president, chief executive officer and a director of Champion Technologies, Inc. from 1999 to 2013 and as president, chief executive officer and a director of American Residential Services, Inc. from 1997 to 1999. Currently, Mr. Amonett serves as a director of Orion Group Holdings, Inc., where he serves as chairman of the nominating and governance committee and a member of the audit committee. He served as a director of Hercules Offshore Inc. from 2007 to 2015, where he served as chairman of the nominating and governance committee. His previous directorships also include TODCO from 2003 to 2007 when TODCO was acquired by Hercules Offshore Inc.
ABOUT BRISTOW GROUP INC.
Bristow Group Inc. is the leading global industrial aviation services provider offering helicopter transportation, search and rescue (SAR) and aircraft support services to government and civil organizations worldwide. Bristow has major operations in the North Sea, Nigeria and the U.S. Gulf of Mexico, and in most of the other major offshore oil and gas producing regions of the world, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Russia and Trinidad. Bristow provides SAR services to the private sector worldwide and to the public sector for all of the U.K. on behalf of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency. For more information, visit bristowgroup.com.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot