Claire Smith and Andy Tunningley were appointed as Trustees of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) at a recent board meeting. At the same meeting Clare Dobie, who stepped down as a Trustee after nearly ten years’ service, was thanked for her commitment and support for the Charity.
Claire Smith and her husband Robert have been friends of EHAAT since a Critical Care Team attended their baby Milli when she was less than a day old. Claire, a lawyer, was a partner in the private client division of a commercial law firm, before taking a career break in 2016 to have her daughter.
In addition to sitting on other charity boards, Claire is a director of her own company and Company Secretary of a family farming business on the Essex/Hertfordshire border.
She said: “I am deeply passionate about seeing EHAAT flourish in the future, having had direct experience of the amazing work of the Charity in the past, when they attended our home to treat my daughter – the service is a vital community resource”.
Andy Tunningley works in the City of London for BlackRock Asset Management, commuting from Witham in Essex, a journey he has done for more years than he has not! Andy will bring a wealth of finance experience with him and has already been involved as a member of the Charity’s Investment Advisory Committee.
He said: “Having raised money from sporting endeavours for other charities and children’s hospitals, I was looking for an opportunity to get more involved. I am delighted to be a part of the EHAAT family and support them in the best way I can”.
EHAAT Chief Executive Officer Jane Gurney said: “I would like to thank Clare Dobie for all her hard work and support during her time as a Trustee. Her input from a financial and marketing perspective has been invaluable.
“I’m delighted to welcome both Claire Smith and Andy Tunningley to our Board of Trustees and look forward to working with them. They each bring with them a wealth of business experience and a real passion for the work of the Charity.”
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 opens in French city of Nîmes
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection