Claire Smith and Andy Tunningley were appointed as Trustees of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) at a recent board meeting. At the same meeting Clare Dobie, who stepped down as a Trustee after nearly ten years’ service, was thanked for her commitment and support for the Charity.
Claire Smith and her husband Robert have been friends of EHAAT since a Critical Care Team attended their baby Milli when she was less than a day old. Claire, a lawyer, was a partner in the private client division of a commercial law firm, before taking a career break in 2016 to have her daughter.
In addition to sitting on other charity boards, Claire is a director of her own company and Company Secretary of a family farming business on the Essex/Hertfordshire border.
She said: “I am deeply passionate about seeing EHAAT flourish in the future, having had direct experience of the amazing work of the Charity in the past, when they attended our home to treat my daughter – the service is a vital community resource”.
Andy Tunningley works in the City of London for BlackRock Asset Management, commuting from Witham in Essex, a journey he has done for more years than he has not! Andy will bring a wealth of finance experience with him and has already been involved as a member of the Charity’s Investment Advisory Committee.
He said: “Having raised money from sporting endeavours for other charities and children’s hospitals, I was looking for an opportunity to get more involved. I am delighted to be a part of the EHAAT family and support them in the best way I can”.
EHAAT Chief Executive Officer Jane Gurney said: “I would like to thank Clare Dobie for all her hard work and support during her time as a Trustee. Her input from a financial and marketing perspective has been invaluable.
“I’m delighted to welcome both Claire Smith and Andy Tunningley to our Board of Trustees and look forward to working with them. They each bring with them a wealth of business experience and a real passion for the work of the Charity.”
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI