Claire Smith and Andy Tunningley were appointed as Trustees of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) at a recent board meeting. At the same meeting Clare Dobie, who stepped down as a Trustee after nearly ten years’ service, was thanked for her commitment and support for the Charity.
Claire Smith and her husband Robert have been friends of EHAAT since a Critical Care Team attended their baby Milli when she was less than a day old. Claire, a lawyer, was a partner in the private client division of a commercial law firm, before taking a career break in 2016 to have her daughter.
In addition to sitting on other charity boards, Claire is a director of her own company and Company Secretary of a family farming business on the Essex/Hertfordshire border.
She said: “I am deeply passionate about seeing EHAAT flourish in the future, having had direct experience of the amazing work of the Charity in the past, when they attended our home to treat my daughter – the service is a vital community resource”.
Andy Tunningley works in the City of London for BlackRock Asset Management, commuting from Witham in Essex, a journey he has done for more years than he has not! Andy will bring a wealth of finance experience with him and has already been involved as a member of the Charity’s Investment Advisory Committee.
He said: “Having raised money from sporting endeavours for other charities and children’s hospitals, I was looking for an opportunity to get more involved. I am delighted to be a part of the EHAAT family and support them in the best way I can”.
EHAAT Chief Executive Officer Jane Gurney said: “I would like to thank Clare Dobie for all her hard work and support during her time as a Trustee. Her input from a financial and marketing perspective has been invaluable.
“I’m delighted to welcome both Claire Smith and Andy Tunningley to our Board of Trustees and look forward to working with them. They each bring with them a wealth of business experience and a real passion for the work of the Charity.”
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet