Claire Smith and Andy Tunningley were appointed as Trustees of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) at a recent board meeting. At the same meeting Clare Dobie, who stepped down as a Trustee after nearly ten years’ service, was thanked for her commitment and support for the Charity.
Claire Smith and her husband Robert have been friends of EHAAT since a Critical Care Team attended their baby Milli when she was less than a day old. Claire, a lawyer, was a partner in the private client division of a commercial law firm, before taking a career break in 2016 to have her daughter.
In addition to sitting on other charity boards, Claire is a director of her own company and Company Secretary of a family farming business on the Essex/Hertfordshire border.
She said: “I am deeply passionate about seeing EHAAT flourish in the future, having had direct experience of the amazing work of the Charity in the past, when they attended our home to treat my daughter – the service is a vital community resource”.
Andy Tunningley works in the City of London for BlackRock Asset Management, commuting from Witham in Essex, a journey he has done for more years than he has not! Andy will bring a wealth of finance experience with him and has already been involved as a member of the Charity’s Investment Advisory Committee.
He said: “Having raised money from sporting endeavours for other charities and children’s hospitals, I was looking for an opportunity to get more involved. I am delighted to be a part of the EHAAT family and support them in the best way I can”.
EHAAT Chief Executive Officer Jane Gurney said: “I would like to thank Clare Dobie for all her hard work and support during her time as a Trustee. Her input from a financial and marketing perspective has been invaluable.
“I’m delighted to welcome both Claire Smith and Andy Tunningley to our Board of Trustees and look forward to working with them. They each bring with them a wealth of business experience and a real passion for the work of the Charity.”
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit