Specialists at Kazan Helicopters of the holding company Russian Helicopters (part of Rostec State Corporation) have completed testing of an Ansat helicopter equipped with a emergency floatation system. It is designed for emergency water landings and is used to save the lives of crew and passengers. The emergency floatation system is currently in the certification phase. When the work is complete, the Federal Air Transport Agency will approve the major modification.
The emergency floatation system includes inflatable buoyancy chambers (ballonets), two life rafts, an emergency life support package, including a radio beacon for rescuers to determine the landing site. In the event of a ditching, this emergency set keeps the helicopter afloat for 30 minutes. This is enough time to deploy the system’s life-saving equipment, and to safely leave the helicopter.
We are continuing our work to improve the air safety of Ansat, as it is actively used in the transportation of passengers and patients who require emergency medical assistance. Additionally, helicopters equipped with a ditching system will be able to conduct flights to oil companies’ facilities located at a considerable distance from the coast, and participate in search and rescue operations above the water. Together with high performance, this will make Ansat even more attractive to fuel and energy companies and rescue services,” said Russian Helicopters CEO Andrey Boginsky.
Ansat is a light, multipurpose twin-engine helicopter manufactured by Kazan Helicopters. According to the helicopter certificate, its design allows it to be converted into a cargo version or a passenger rotorcraft that can carry up to seven people. Ansat is certified for use at temperatures ranging between -45°С and +50°С.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award