Eyemouth Harbour Trust have recently secured planning permission for the construction of a helicopter access facility adjacent to Eyemouth Harbour. EHT were supported throughout the process by EHT’s agent for the application, Young Planning & Energy Consenting and environmental consultant, ITP Energised.
The plans originally submitted in October 2017, comprising two helipads, hangar, office and welfare building, fuel storage area, car parking, access road and landscaping are speculative and a potentially important piece of the jigsaw in the port’s ambitions to become an Operations & Maintenance base for an Offshore Wind Farm development in the Firth of Forth.
Christine Bell, Business Manager for EHT commented ‘We are delighted to have obtained planning permission for this potentially significant development for Eyemouth. It opens up opportunities for the harbour and the town and has the potential to make a transformational change to the economic wellbeing of Eyemouth. While it’s an important milestone in the overall strategy of the harbour trust to attract new business to the area, it is speculative and there is still a lot of work to do initially with respect to wind farm operation and maintenance. However, this consent certainly strengthens Eyemouth’s position as a competitive base for supporting marine operations in the offshore wind sector.’
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support