EASA’s Annual Safety Conference 2018 was closed by Executive Director Patrick Ky yesterday, setting out the Agency’s commitments as part of GA Roadmap 2.0 for a truly innovative, better, cheaper and safer General Aviation (GA) in Europe! Conveying a great sense of community and energetic spirit, the 2-day conference on GA provided a fruitful ground for a positive and much needed cooperation between all stakeholders to take on the challenges that come with the innovation of GA.
The conference took place in Vienna coinciding with the country’s Presidency of the Council of the EU. 300 people from across the European GA Community came together to engage with the Agency on the evolution of General Aviation in a world full of exciting technological developments. A substantial range of European GA manufacturers, developers of hybrid and solar-powered aircraft but also of air taxis and other UAV, cost-sharing platforms as well as GA associations and policy representatives participated in the panels.
In a truly collaborative spirit, the successes and challenges of the GA Roadmap – EASA’s action plan of the past 4 years following the Rome Conference on GA – were reviewed. Panel discussions focused on how to develop more affordable modern aircraft, the latest innovations, as well as on how to share the airspace of the future and how new business models can be encouraged to improve safety.
Keynote speaker André Borschberg, world record holder for the highest solar-powered flight and for the longest solo-flight in an airplane of any kind, held an inspiring talk that anticipated the energetic and seminal nature of this year’s Annual Safety Conference.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit