EASA’s Annual Safety Conference 2018 was closed by Executive Director Patrick Ky yesterday, setting out the Agency’s commitments as part of GA Roadmap 2.0 for a truly innovative, better, cheaper and safer General Aviation (GA) in Europe! Conveying a great sense of community and energetic spirit, the 2-day conference on GA provided a fruitful ground for a positive and much needed cooperation between all stakeholders to take on the challenges that come with the innovation of GA.
The conference took place in Vienna coinciding with the country’s Presidency of the Council of the EU. 300 people from across the European GA Community came together to engage with the Agency on the evolution of General Aviation in a world full of exciting technological developments. A substantial range of European GA manufacturers, developers of hybrid and solar-powered aircraft but also of air taxis and other UAV, cost-sharing platforms as well as GA associations and policy representatives participated in the panels.
In a truly collaborative spirit, the successes and challenges of the GA Roadmap – EASA’s action plan of the past 4 years following the Rome Conference on GA – were reviewed. Panel discussions focused on how to develop more affordable modern aircraft, the latest innovations, as well as on how to share the airspace of the future and how new business models can be encouraged to improve safety.
Keynote speaker André Borschberg, world record holder for the highest solar-powered flight and for the longest solo-flight in an airplane of any kind, held an inspiring talk that anticipated the energetic and seminal nature of this year’s Annual Safety Conference.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet