Electric Power Systems (EPS) announced its official teaming agreement with Bell Helicopter, A Textron Inc., to develop an innovative Energy Storage Systems (ESS) for Bell’s vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft.
“We’re excited to work with Bell on making their On-Demand Mobility project a success.” EPS Chief Executive Officer Nathan Millecam said. “Bell’s team are proven thought leaders in a new,emerging market that will make this vision a reality. We are so thrilled to add our expertise to the platform and play a part in aviation history.”
Bell teamed with EPS to design and build the Advanced Energy Storage System which will include EPS’s Battery Modules, Battery Management System, and Power Management capabilities for its Flight Demonstrator Vehicle.
“Our collaboration with EPS will provide a reliable, efficient storage system solution for our Bell Air Taxi, which brings us another step closer to shaping the future of urban air transportation,” said Bell’s Scott Drennan, vice president of Innovation.
Pending a successful flight demonstration and market maturation, EPS and Bell will proceed to full scale development and certification of the system.
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager