VTOL aviation startup JETcopter announced that it has finished the primary air turbine tests, which confirmed the concept feasibility. The design team also released the latest JETcopter design.
With the latest design, the JETcopter has become more compact and now has a flatter bottom. JETcopter will be able to drive on roads as well as to fly. The JETcopter interior looks similar to existing medium-sized helicopters, with the pilots’ seat in front and six seats for passengers behind.
In the rear of the cabin, the JETcopter offers space for luggage. JETcopter will have a rear ramp for easy access and to load and unload bulky goods or embark and disembark passengers faster. This ramp will also be of a comparable configuration as some existing large types of helicopters.
The JETcopter engine compartment, with two 400 hp automotive motors powering two counter-rotating fans, will be situated on top of the fuselage. Airflow from these two fans will be diverted to four vectoring nozzles. Like other VTOLs, the amount of power given to each output point can be manipulated to control vertical hovering and manoeuvring. Once the JETcopter is in the air, its fixed nozzles tilt for horizontal flight, and from there it operates much like a jet.
Cargo & passengers
The JETcopter team plans to build a cargo version of the JETcopter VTOL-aircraft at first. This cargo version of the JETcopter will be followed by a passenger version in a later stage.
A full-scale mock-up of the JETcopter will be presented at the AERO 2019 aviation exhibition, the largest general aviation trade show in Europe, in Friedrichshafen, Germany, in April 2019.
Capacity : 1 pilot + 6 passengers
Range: 1000 km / 620 nm.
Engines: 2 x 400 hp automotive with duplicated fuel, cooling and power supply systems
Approx price: US$ 350,000.
- Metro unveils H125 configuration
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board