VTOL aviation startup JETcopter announced that it has finished the primary air turbine tests, which confirmed the concept feasibility. The design team also released the latest JETcopter design.
With the latest design, the JETcopter has become more compact and now has a flatter bottom. JETcopter will be able to drive on roads as well as to fly. The JETcopter interior looks similar to existing medium-sized helicopters, with the pilots’ seat in front and six seats for passengers behind.
In the rear of the cabin, the JETcopter offers space for luggage. JETcopter will have a rear ramp for easy access and to load and unload bulky goods or embark and disembark passengers faster. This ramp will also be of a comparable configuration as some existing large types of helicopters.
The JETcopter engine compartment, with two 400 hp automotive motors powering two counter-rotating fans, will be situated on top of the fuselage. Airflow from these two fans will be diverted to four vectoring nozzles. Like other VTOLs, the amount of power given to each output point can be manipulated to control vertical hovering and manoeuvring. Once the JETcopter is in the air, its fixed nozzles tilt for horizontal flight, and from there it operates much like a jet.
Cargo & passengers
The JETcopter team plans to build a cargo version of the JETcopter VTOL-aircraft at first. This cargo version of the JETcopter will be followed by a passenger version in a later stage.
A full-scale mock-up of the JETcopter will be presented at the AERO 2019 aviation exhibition, the largest general aviation trade show in Europe, in Friedrichshafen, Germany, in April 2019.
Capacity : 1 pilot + 6 passengers
Range: 1000 km / 620 nm.
Engines: 2 x 400 hp automotive with duplicated fuel, cooling and power supply systems
Approx price: US$ 350,000.
- Frictape Net Awarded Patent for Lighting Apparatus of a Helicopter Deck
- Lockheed Awarded $93M Contract for H-60 Support
- StandardAero sold by one private equity firm to another
- Medical City Fort Worth opens new helipad
- Monacair turns 30 and looks ahead
- Lockheed Awarded $10M Contract for Apache Modernized Vision Sensors
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Schiebel demostrates comint and imaging payloads of S-100 Camcopter®
- CHC Announces New Contract with OMV
- California Army National Guard newest helicopters
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- Uttah Pradesh Government launches four new tourist heli flights
- Sri Lankan Air Force carry out first aerial seeding operation
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role