VTOL aviation startup JETcopter announced that it has finished the primary air turbine tests, which confirmed the concept feasibility. The design team also released the latest JETcopter design.
With the latest design, the JETcopter has become more compact and now has a flatter bottom. JETcopter will be able to drive on roads as well as to fly. The JETcopter interior looks similar to existing medium-sized helicopters, with the pilots’ seat in front and six seats for passengers behind.
In the rear of the cabin, the JETcopter offers space for luggage. JETcopter will have a rear ramp for easy access and to load and unload bulky goods or embark and disembark passengers faster. This ramp will also be of a comparable configuration as some existing large types of helicopters.
The JETcopter engine compartment, with two 400 hp automotive motors powering two counter-rotating fans, will be situated on top of the fuselage. Airflow from these two fans will be diverted to four vectoring nozzles. Like other VTOLs, the amount of power given to each output point can be manipulated to control vertical hovering and manoeuvring. Once the JETcopter is in the air, its fixed nozzles tilt for horizontal flight, and from there it operates much like a jet.
Cargo & passengers
The JETcopter team plans to build a cargo version of the JETcopter VTOL-aircraft at first. This cargo version of the JETcopter will be followed by a passenger version in a later stage.
A full-scale mock-up of the JETcopter will be presented at the AERO 2019 aviation exhibition, the largest general aviation trade show in Europe, in Friedrichshafen, Germany, in April 2019.
Capacity : 1 pilot + 6 passengers
Range: 1000 km / 620 nm.
Engines: 2 x 400 hp automotive with duplicated fuel, cooling and power supply systems
Approx price: US$ 350,000.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats