The Government of Canada is investing in new infrastructure for Canadian Coast Guard operations.The Canadian Coast Guard plays a vital role in one of the safest marine systems in the world, and its members go to work every day to ensure the safety of mariners and the marine environment.
On behalf of the Honourable Jonathan Wilkinson, Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard, Wayne Long, Member of Parliament for Saint John-Rothesay announced today a new Integrated Services Centre and helicopter hangar for the Canadian Coast Guard in Saint John, New Brunswick. The leasing of both these new facilities demonstrates a long-term commitment to the renewal of Canadian Coast Guard infrastructure and service delivery in the area.
The new Coast Guard Integrated Services Centre includes space for offices, special purpose workshop areas, and exterior operations for storage and maintenance. Staff working at the new centre perform a variety of duties including maintenance to various types of fixed and floating aids to navigation, emergency communications system, and navigational radars. The new Integrated Services Centre provides a renewed Coast Guard presence in Saint John in the fields of communications and navigation equipment. The new facility will also provide storage space for environmental response equipment in case of marine pollution.
The new Coast Guard helicopter hangar contains office space, a large hangar with a workshop area, and a landing apron. The new hangar will house one of fifteen new Bell 429 light-lift helicopters purchased and deployed under the Coast Guard’s Fleet Renewal Plan. The helicopter fleet plays an essential part in supporting programs such as icebreaking, marine communication, aids to navigation, environmental response, waterway protection, conservation and protection, science and support to other government departments as required.
“The Canadian Coast Guard remains committed to serving New Brunswick through the renewal of infrastructure, which allows the Coast Guard to maintain a strong presence in this area. We know the Canadian Coast Guard plays an integral role in making Canada’s marine system one of the safest in the world by ensuring the safety of both mariners and our marine environment.” The Honourable Jonathan Wilkinson, Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard
“We are happy to have a renewed commitment of the Canadian Coast Guard in our community. Safety of mariners and the environment is a top priority and having these new facilities in Saint John will ensure this is a reality.” Wayne Long, Member of Parliament for Saint John-Rothesay
- The 15 year lease for the Canadian Coast Guard’s new Integrated Service Centre in Saint John is valued at just over $6 million dollars.
- The 15 year lease for the Canadian Coast Guard’s new helicopter hangar is valued at $2.9 million dollars.
- The Integrated Services Centre has an office space of 372 square metres, special purpose space of 1615 square metres and an exterior operational space of 4300 square metres.
- Services provided by employees at the Integrated Services Centre include;
- Environmental response maintenance and storage of equipment;
- Aids to Navigation monitoring, storage and maintenance;
- Marine Civil Infrastructure, including lighthouse operations; and
- Shipboard and Land base electronics and informatics
- The helicopter hangar has an office space of 84 square metres, hangar and workshop area of 391 square metres, and a landing apron of 1024 square metres.
- The Integrated Services Centre and helicopter hangar will also feature more natural daylight and modern workspaces, which help to promote workplace health and wellbeing.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit