Era Group Inc. (NYSE: ERA), one of the largest helicopter operators in the world, today announced that Crystal Gordon has been appointed to the position of Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Administrative Officer, effective January 1, 2019.
Ms. Gordon has an extensive background in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and aviation, most recently as Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary at Air Methods Corporation, one of the largest air medical providers in the world with approximately 450 helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. During her tenure at Air Methods, which began in 2011, Ms. Gordon managed all aspects of the company’s legal, risk management and compliance functions while also providing oversight of government affairs and litigation matters. Ms. Gordon also advised the company and board of directors through over $700 million of strategic acquisitions and partnerships, including the establishment of international joint ventures. Additionally, in 2017, she led Air Methods through its $2.5 billion take-private transaction.
Chris Bradshaw, Era’s President and Chief Executive Officer, said: “Crystal’s professional experience and skill set are an ideal fit for this important leadership role at Era, and we are thrilled to have her help lead the pursuit of our strategic priorities during this pivotal time in the global helicopter industry. Her technical expertise, energetic drive and commitment to safety complement our management culture, and we will benefit from her extensive M&A experience in the aviation industry.”
Crystal Gordon, Era’s new Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Administrative Officer, commented: “I am excited to join the team at Era. The Company is well positioned to succeed in this dynamic industry environment, and I look forward to working alongside the management team to execute on the Company’s strategic initiatives.”
Ms. Gordon began her legal career in private practice as a corporate and securities lawyer. Her practice involved representing private and public companies in a variety of corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities. She also provided representation on general corporate matters for public companies, including the preparation and review of Securities and Exchange Commission filings, securities law compliance and corporate governance matters.
Ms. Gordon holds a Bachelor’s degree in Biology from Santa Clara University, where she was a decorated scholar athlete, and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation