Delivery of aircraft looms to HAL on March 27, 2018. It has so far manufactured over 600 aircraft looms for ALH Dhruv and LCA Tejas aircraft.
The HAL’s Helicopter Division in Bengaluru received the first batch of helicopter structures and sub-assemblies manufactured by HAL subsidiary Naini Aerospace Limited (NAeL), Prayagraj for Advanced Light Helicopter (Dhruv). The ‘Certificate of Conformity’ of sub-assemblies and bottom structure assembly was formally handed over yesterday at a function in Naini. Mr. R. Madhavan, CMD, HAL had recently launched the state-of-the-art structural assembly shop for production of helicopter structures. A robust quality management system is in place cleared by the joint audit team of DGAQA and HAL for manufacturing of aircraft loom and structural assembly, he says.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. V.M. Chamola, Director (HR)-HAL and Chairman (NAeL) hailed the efforts of NAeL employees in acquiring skills in the difficult domain of manufacturing of aero-structures. With the handing-over of helicopter structures, NAeL has now developed capabilities in the field of aero-structures apart from aircraft loom manufacturing, he added.
Mr. V. Natarajan, Executive Director, Helicopter Division-HAL received the documents from Shri R.K Mishra, CEO (NAeL). Jig-out of bottom structure of ALH was performed by Mr. GVS Bhaskar, CEO-HC and Mr. Shekhar Shrivastava, CEO-BC, HAL inaugurated the Gate Complex of NAeL in separate events. Currently, the NAeL is executing the HAL order for five sets of ALH (Dhruv) structural assemblies.
- AEM Plans for Continued Growth with New Facility
- Winners of 37th Annual VFS Student Design Competition announced
- Jolly Green II begins aerial refueling tests
- Great North Air Ambulance adds AS365N3+ Dauphin
- Western Australia police orders first five-bladed H145
- Wysong enterprises completes Eagle 407HP for Helicopter Express
- Bell Takes Manufacturing to New Heights
- Netherlands’ Chinook purchase strengthens US-Coalition capabilities
- Children’s Air Ambulance offers pioneering medical treatment
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000