Delivery of aircraft looms to HAL on March 27, 2018. It has so far manufactured over 600 aircraft looms for ALH Dhruv and LCA Tejas aircraft.
The HAL’s Helicopter Division in Bengaluru received the first batch of helicopter structures and sub-assemblies manufactured by HAL subsidiary Naini Aerospace Limited (NAeL), Prayagraj for Advanced Light Helicopter (Dhruv). The ‘Certificate of Conformity’ of sub-assemblies and bottom structure assembly was formally handed over yesterday at a function in Naini. Mr. R. Madhavan, CMD, HAL had recently launched the state-of-the-art structural assembly shop for production of helicopter structures. A robust quality management system is in place cleared by the joint audit team of DGAQA and HAL for manufacturing of aircraft loom and structural assembly, he says.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. V.M. Chamola, Director (HR)-HAL and Chairman (NAeL) hailed the efforts of NAeL employees in acquiring skills in the difficult domain of manufacturing of aero-structures. With the handing-over of helicopter structures, NAeL has now developed capabilities in the field of aero-structures apart from aircraft loom manufacturing, he added.
Mr. V. Natarajan, Executive Director, Helicopter Division-HAL received the documents from Shri R.K Mishra, CEO (NAeL). Jig-out of bottom structure of ALH was performed by Mr. GVS Bhaskar, CEO-HC and Mr. Shekhar Shrivastava, CEO-BC, HAL inaugurated the Gate Complex of NAeL in separate events. Currently, the NAeL is executing the HAL order for five sets of ALH (Dhruv) structural assemblies.
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019