Delivery of aircraft looms to HAL on March 27, 2018. It has so far manufactured over 600 aircraft looms for ALH Dhruv and LCA Tejas aircraft.
The HAL’s Helicopter Division in Bengaluru received the first batch of helicopter structures and sub-assemblies manufactured by HAL subsidiary Naini Aerospace Limited (NAeL), Prayagraj for Advanced Light Helicopter (Dhruv). The ‘Certificate of Conformity’ of sub-assemblies and bottom structure assembly was formally handed over yesterday at a function in Naini. Mr. R. Madhavan, CMD, HAL had recently launched the state-of-the-art structural assembly shop for production of helicopter structures. A robust quality management system is in place cleared by the joint audit team of DGAQA and HAL for manufacturing of aircraft loom and structural assembly, he says.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. V.M. Chamola, Director (HR)-HAL and Chairman (NAeL) hailed the efforts of NAeL employees in acquiring skills in the difficult domain of manufacturing of aero-structures. With the handing-over of helicopter structures, NAeL has now developed capabilities in the field of aero-structures apart from aircraft loom manufacturing, he added.
Mr. V. Natarajan, Executive Director, Helicopter Division-HAL received the documents from Shri R.K Mishra, CEO (NAeL). Jig-out of bottom structure of ALH was performed by Mr. GVS Bhaskar, CEO-HC and Mr. Shekhar Shrivastava, CEO-BC, HAL inaugurated the Gate Complex of NAeL in separate events. Currently, the NAeL is executing the HAL order for five sets of ALH (Dhruv) structural assemblies.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement