Delivery of aircraft looms to HAL on March 27, 2018. It has so far manufactured over 600 aircraft looms for ALH Dhruv and LCA Tejas aircraft.
The HAL’s Helicopter Division in Bengaluru received the first batch of helicopter structures and sub-assemblies manufactured by HAL subsidiary Naini Aerospace Limited (NAeL), Prayagraj for Advanced Light Helicopter (Dhruv). The ‘Certificate of Conformity’ of sub-assemblies and bottom structure assembly was formally handed over yesterday at a function in Naini. Mr. R. Madhavan, CMD, HAL had recently launched the state-of-the-art structural assembly shop for production of helicopter structures. A robust quality management system is in place cleared by the joint audit team of DGAQA and HAL for manufacturing of aircraft loom and structural assembly, he says.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. V.M. Chamola, Director (HR)-HAL and Chairman (NAeL) hailed the efforts of NAeL employees in acquiring skills in the difficult domain of manufacturing of aero-structures. With the handing-over of helicopter structures, NAeL has now developed capabilities in the field of aero-structures apart from aircraft loom manufacturing, he added.
Mr. V. Natarajan, Executive Director, Helicopter Division-HAL received the documents from Shri R.K Mishra, CEO (NAeL). Jig-out of bottom structure of ALH was performed by Mr. GVS Bhaskar, CEO-HC and Mr. Shekhar Shrivastava, CEO-BC, HAL inaugurated the Gate Complex of NAeL in separate events. Currently, the NAeL is executing the HAL order for five sets of ALH (Dhruv) structural assemblies.
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results
- Bell 407GXI certified in China
- India looking for 111 Naval Utility Helicopters
- FreeFlight Systems announces Sapphire Elite recognition program
- Contracts signed for air medical evacuation services in Europe and Africa
- Service center ODK-Klimov and UTair-Engineering helped Sanaviatsii
- Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal implements new Kathmandu heli-lanes
- Coptersafety provides update on H125 simulator
- USHST Sees Safety Benefits of Integrating UAS and OPA Technology into Helicopter Operations
- Universal Avionics to present innovative flight deck solutions at Heli-Expo
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2019
- DART’s H135 Crosstubes get approvals
- Heli-Union commences contract in French Guyana with two AS365Ns
- Raytheon Awarded $15M Contract for CV-22 Software Delivery
- Kailash Helicopter plans to add more helicopters
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- Austria – HeliAir upgrades OAMTC Airbus H135
- Volocopter works with Fraport to develop airport infrastructure