Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec State Corporation) has presented the newest civilian helicopters Ansat and Mi-171A2 to potential customers of Thailand during the South Asian Heli Tour. The event at the U-Tapao airfield included flight display of Russian-made rotorcraft.
Moreover, during the presentation the Holding’s specialists introduced key benefits of Mi-171A2 and Ansat helicopters, as well as the system of after-sales support, to the Thai operators.
“The Holding Company is striving to reinforce business relations with commercial and state customers in Thailand. The first deliveries of Ka-32A11BC helicopters to this country are scheduled by the end of the year; also, the potential operators show interest in Ansat and Mi-8/17 rotorcraft in various modifications, thus we believe, that showcasing our helicopters here is perfectly timed”, noted Andrey Boginskiy, Director General of Russian Helicopters Holding Company.
Russian-made rotorcraft receive high praise from state and commercial customers in the Southeast Asia. Thus, Thailand is successfully operating the Mi-17V-5 medium utility helicopters.
“The Southeast Asia including Thailand is a strategic region of presence for Rostec where we intend to actively develop cooperation in various spheres. Helicopter industry is one of the most perspective areas of interaction. Such events as this demonstration tour are aimed not only at showcasing the benefits of our helicopters but also at strengthening our relations with the key partners in the region”, noted Anatoly Serdyukov, Industrial Director of the aviation cluster of Rostec.
The Holding Company is also establishing a service center in this country. A Memorandum of Intent was signed with DATAGATE Company in February 2018. Fields of cooperation mentioned in this document include assistance in establishing the MRO center for Russian-made helicopters in the Kingdom of Thailand. The MRO center is expected to perform all types of scheduled maintenance and repair works, troubleshooting and replacement of components.
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role