Safran Helicopter Engines has signed a contract with Denmark’s Defence Acquisition and Logistics Organization (DALO), to support 11 Arriel 1D1-powered AS550C2 Fennec operated by the Royal Danish Air Force (RDAF). The engines will now be covered by Safran’s Global Support Package (GSP) and the contract will last until mid-2030s, when the fleet is retired.
In July 2016, Safran signed a seven-year contract to support 14 RTM 322-powered EH101 Merlin operated by the RDAF. Since then, 75 engines have been protected by a Safran GSP.
This new agreement satisfies the RDAF requirement for engine availability in anticipation of domestic and international military operations.
Captain (Navy) Kim Bo Meier, Director Air Force Systems at DALO, said: “DALO looks forward to this agreement ensuring sufficient engines to support operational tasks during the period. The contract reaffirms the excellent working relationship that exists between the parties.”
Olivier Le Merrer, Safran Helicopter Engines Executive Vice President Support & Services, said: “This contract marks a major new milestone in our partnership with DALO and the RDAF. We will deliver world-class services to guarantee the availability of their engines; thus demonstrating that the GSP model is particularly well-suited to supporting the engine fleets of modern armed forces”.
Under the GSP, the customer receives a commitment to have serviceable engines available whenever they need them. Other GSP principles also apply, including budget certainty, fixed price per engine flying hour and a technical partnership with the OEM.
This particular GSP will be managed by Safran Helicopter Engines Germany, which supports more than 280 operators flying in Germany, Scandinavia, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia.
GSP is part of EngineLife® Services, Safran’s range of solutions for helicopter engine operators.
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for 407 i
- FAA Establishes Restrictions on Drone Operations over DOJ and DOD Facilities
- ESG offering Smart Mission Display for helicopters and mission aircraft
- Rosoboronexport Ready to Expand Cooperation
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 27,000th mission
- Airbus eDynamic troubleshooting tool
- Airbus Keycopter at Heli-Expo 2019
- 8 Golden Rules About Weather and Helicopter Flights
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces Facility Relocation and Expansion
- New Trustee for Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust
- UK EMS charities invited to bid for share of £10m funding
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Boeing Awarded $13M Contract for Qatar Armed Forces AH-64E Support
- Leonardo opens a new facility in Pisa
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results