Leonardo hosted Mexican helicopter operator ASESA today to celebrate their 4th AW139 purchase. The delivery ceremony was held at Leonardo’s North America headquarters in Philadelphia, USA, where AW119, AW139 and AW609 aircraft are assembled.
The AW139 is the best-selling helicopter in its category with nearly 1100 sold. Its spacious cabin provides flexibility for a variety of missions including EMS, search and rescue, military, VIP, offshore, and parapublic. It features an integrated avionics system, large screens and a 4-axis autopilot system and outstanding engine power allowing it to operate in many conditions including ‘hot and high.’
ASESA is the largest helicopter operator in Mexico with the most modern fleet in the country. It primarily serves the offshore oil, gas and electric industries. ASESA’s three service centers are authorized to provide maintenance on AW109s, AW119s, and AW139s. The company has been in business since 1977.
The AW139 is ideally suited for ASESA’s offshore missions. It can carry up to 15 passengers in comfort and safety and is compliant with the most stringent industry guidelines. It offers best-in-class performance including a cruise speed of 165 knots, six hours of endurance and superior hover performance.
“Congratulations to ASESA on their fourth AW139. This peerless, best-selling helicopter will strengthen ASESA’s modern fleet and serve their customers well as they embark on the next forty years of outstanding business,” said Robert Brant, Vice President of the Americas, Leonardo Helicopters.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats