Polskie Zakłady Lotnicze Sp. z o.o. in the presence of the Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki and Minister of Interior and Administration Joachim Brudzinski, officially handed over to the Polish National Police two modern S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopters produced in Poland.
Delivery of two multimissions Black Hawk helicopters was carried out in accordance with the contract signed in May this year. The agreement also provided training for ground staff and pilots, a logistics package and service support in the first months of use.
Police have set not only a responsible but also ambitious task for PZL. We are proud to deliver two reliable, durable and produced in Poland helicopters BLACK HAWK in 6 months from signing the contract, and join Poland to the group of international customers who chose this proven machine – said Janusz Zakręcki, PZL Mielec President, General Director. The modernization plan of uniformed services is important and responsible tasks. One of its elements is the modernization of the Police aviation. We are proud that Black Hawk helicopters produced in Mielec can be part of this plan and serve national security from today – added.
Delivery ceremony took place in the hangar of the Police Aviation Administration, where aircraft will be stationed on a daily basis. They will provide support for anti-terrorist activities carried out by the Anti-Terrorist Operations Office.
Both already delivered helicopters and the third one, contracted in November, and scheduled for delivery by the end of March 2019, were purchased from the Program of Police, Border Guard, State Fire Service and State Protection Service Program in 2017-2020.
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident