Polskie Zakłady Lotnicze Sp. z o.o. in the presence of the Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki and Minister of Interior and Administration Joachim Brudzinski, officially handed over to the Polish National Police two modern S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopters produced in Poland.
Delivery of two multimissions Black Hawk helicopters was carried out in accordance with the contract signed in May this year. The agreement also provided training for ground staff and pilots, a logistics package and service support in the first months of use.
Police have set not only a responsible but also ambitious task for PZL. We are proud to deliver two reliable, durable and produced in Poland helicopters BLACK HAWK in 6 months from signing the contract, and join Poland to the group of international customers who chose this proven machine – said Janusz Zakręcki, PZL Mielec President, General Director. The modernization plan of uniformed services is important and responsible tasks. One of its elements is the modernization of the Police aviation. We are proud that Black Hawk helicopters produced in Mielec can be part of this plan and serve national security from today – added.
Delivery ceremony took place in the hangar of the Police Aviation Administration, where aircraft will be stationed on a daily basis. They will provide support for anti-terrorist activities carried out by the Anti-Terrorist Operations Office.
Both already delivered helicopters and the third one, contracted in November, and scheduled for delivery by the end of March 2019, were purchased from the Program of Police, Border Guard, State Fire Service and State Protection Service Program in 2017-2020.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center