Aspen Avionics announced that Sam Wallace has been promoted to vice president of operations for the company. He replaces Mike Churchill who retired in November 2018. Sam will be responsible for the company’s manufacturing, quality, export control, shipping and supply chain functions. He will report to Aspen’s president and CEO, John Uczekaj.
“We are pleased to promote Sam into this important leadership role for the company. Since joining Aspen in 2015, Sam has consisently demonstrated his ability to lead a large and multi-faceted operations workforce,” said John Uczekaj. “The Evolution E5 Electronic Flight Instrument, and the new Evolution Pro MAX series will be shipping in the very near future and we are well-positioned to grow and mature our manufacturing processes to meet the demand for these new products under Sam’s leadership,” continued Uczekaj.
Sam brings 13 years of experience starting out as a manufacturing engineer for Smiths Detection in Maryland, and then was later promoted to factory manager for Integrated Systems. In his prior role at Aspen, he held the position of director of quality. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC).
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit