Aspen Avionics announced that Sam Wallace has been promoted to vice president of operations for the company. He replaces Mike Churchill who retired in November 2018. Sam will be responsible for the company’s manufacturing, quality, export control, shipping and supply chain functions. He will report to Aspen’s president and CEO, John Uczekaj.
“We are pleased to promote Sam into this important leadership role for the company. Since joining Aspen in 2015, Sam has consisently demonstrated his ability to lead a large and multi-faceted operations workforce,” said John Uczekaj. “The Evolution E5 Electronic Flight Instrument, and the new Evolution Pro MAX series will be shipping in the very near future and we are well-positioned to grow and mature our manufacturing processes to meet the demand for these new products under Sam’s leadership,” continued Uczekaj.
Sam brings 13 years of experience starting out as a manufacturing engineer for Smiths Detection in Maryland, and then was later promoted to factory manager for Integrated Systems. In his prior role at Aspen, he held the position of director of quality. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC).
- Bell at SXSW 2019
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom