Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced a signed teaming agreement with Moog, for the development of the Flight Control Actuation System (FCAS) to support Bell’s vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft and on-demand mobility (ODM) solutions.
“Bell continues to identify solutions and teammates that will achieve new possibilities together,” said Bell’s Scott Drennan, vice president of Innovation. “Within this collaboration, Moog will ensure an advanced, fully integrated actuation system which will provide a safe, reliable and affordable solution for our aircraft.”
As a global leader and visionary in the industry, Moog’s innovative technologies will bring the design and integration of aircraft actuation systems for flight control to Bell’s VTOL aircraft. Moog’s experience allows for systems that meet cost, performance, weight, and reliability requirements.
Ralph Elbert, group vice president & GM Moog Aircraft, stated, “We are absolutely delighted that Moog has been selected by Bell to partner on this exciting program to explore and develop the on-demand mobility market. Moog’s role will include providing the all-electric, fly-by-wire actuators and electronics used to direct and control the aircraft’s propulsion system and aero-surfaces.”
In this collaboration, Bell will lead the design, development and production of the VTOL systems. Moog will lead the design and development of the flight control actuation systems which includes architecture, hardware and software needed for air vehicle flight control actuation management.
As previously announced, Safran will provide the hybrid propulsion systems and Garmin will integrate the avionics and the vehicle management computer (VMC) systems; EPS will provide the energy storage systems, and Thales will lead the flight controls system.
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL