Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced a signed teaming agreement with Moog, for the development of the Flight Control Actuation System (FCAS) to support Bell’s vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft and on-demand mobility (ODM) solutions.
“Bell continues to identify solutions and teammates that will achieve new possibilities together,” said Bell’s Scott Drennan, vice president of Innovation. “Within this collaboration, Moog will ensure an advanced, fully integrated actuation system which will provide a safe, reliable and affordable solution for our aircraft.”
As a global leader and visionary in the industry, Moog’s innovative technologies will bring the design and integration of aircraft actuation systems for flight control to Bell’s VTOL aircraft. Moog’s experience allows for systems that meet cost, performance, weight, and reliability requirements.
Ralph Elbert, group vice president & GM Moog Aircraft, stated, “We are absolutely delighted that Moog has been selected by Bell to partner on this exciting program to explore and develop the on-demand mobility market. Moog’s role will include providing the all-electric, fly-by-wire actuators and electronics used to direct and control the aircraft’s propulsion system and aero-surfaces.”
In this collaboration, Bell will lead the design, development and production of the VTOL systems. Moog will lead the design and development of the flight control actuation systems which includes architecture, hardware and software needed for air vehicle flight control actuation management.
As previously announced, Safran will provide the hybrid propulsion systems and Garmin will integrate the avionics and the vehicle management computer (VMC) systems; EPS will provide the energy storage systems, and Thales will lead the flight controls system.
- Bell at SXSW 2019
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom