Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced a signed teaming agreement with Moog, for the development of the Flight Control Actuation System (FCAS) to support Bell’s vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft and on-demand mobility (ODM) solutions.
“Bell continues to identify solutions and teammates that will achieve new possibilities together,” said Bell’s Scott Drennan, vice president of Innovation. “Within this collaboration, Moog will ensure an advanced, fully integrated actuation system which will provide a safe, reliable and affordable solution for our aircraft.”
As a global leader and visionary in the industry, Moog’s innovative technologies will bring the design and integration of aircraft actuation systems for flight control to Bell’s VTOL aircraft. Moog’s experience allows for systems that meet cost, performance, weight, and reliability requirements.
Ralph Elbert, group vice president & GM Moog Aircraft, stated, “We are absolutely delighted that Moog has been selected by Bell to partner on this exciting program to explore and develop the on-demand mobility market. Moog’s role will include providing the all-electric, fly-by-wire actuators and electronics used to direct and control the aircraft’s propulsion system and aero-surfaces.”
In this collaboration, Bell will lead the design, development and production of the VTOL systems. Moog will lead the design and development of the flight control actuation systems which includes architecture, hardware and software needed for air vehicle flight control actuation management.
As previously announced, Safran will provide the hybrid propulsion systems and Garmin will integrate the avionics and the vehicle management computer (VMC) systems; EPS will provide the energy storage systems, and Thales will lead the flight controls system.
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- UK AAIB Bulletin – March 2019
- Smart heli-hook helps raise angel to realm of glory
- Astronautics introduces IBEX™ family
- Sterling Launches New Version of QuickOnline Mobile App