Garmin International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), announced it received the 2018 Supplier of Excellence Award by Airbus Helicopters at the North American Supplier Conference in Grand Prairie, Texas. Garmin was recently recognized as the Supplier of Excellence for its unmatched responsiveness and competitiveness in various capacities, including its support of the U.S. Army UH-72A Lakota helicopter program, and for its overall support at the Airbus Helicopters completion center in Columbus, Mississippi.
“It is an honor to be selected by Airbus Helicopters to receive the 2018 Supplier of Excellence Award as this is a testament to the hard work and dedication provided by the entire Garmin team,” said Carl Wolf, vice president of aviation sales and marketing. “Out of hundreds of suppliers, it is humbling to be selected as the top supplier of the year. As we look to the future, we look forward to growing our relationship with Airbus Helicopters even further so we can continue to deliver superior products to our respective customers.”
At its annual awards ceremony, Airbus Helicopters recognizes suppliers who stand out in performance, competitiveness and reliability. A total of five awards were presented as part of the 2018 Airbus Helicopters North American Supplier Conference, ranging from on-time delivery and on-time quality, to most improved. The Supplier of Excellence award that was presented to Garmin is the top award given by Airbus Helicopters to a supplier for outstanding service and material support at its U.S. production facilities.
“We are pleased to be able to recognize Garmin’s efforts and thank them for setting the example of what a successful supplier-manufacturer strategic relationship should look like,” said Martin Gohr, senior director of procurement at Airbus Helicopters, Inc. “Garmin’s responsiveness has been consistent over the years and we look forward to continuing to grow our relationship in the future.”
Most recently, Garmin and Airbus Helicopters collaborated on the U.S. Army UH-72A Lakota helicopter program, equipping these helicopters with Garmin avionics in support of a variety of missions, including flight training, surveillance and reconnaissance, medical evacuations, border security, VIP transport and disaster response. In all, more than 430 UH-72A’s have been delivered to the U.S. Army to support these efforts.
This award is among many industry accolades Garmin has recently received. The Airbus Helicopters Supplier of Excellence Award joins a total of nine additional supplier awards previously presented to Garmin by various OEM’s within the last several years. Garmin was also awarded top honors this year in avionics product support for the 15th straight year by Aviation International News, and earned the top spot in Professional Pilot magazine’s annual avionics product support survey earlier this year for the 14th consecutive year.
- MD to Feature Fresno Sheriff MD530F and MD530G Block II at Heli-Expo 2020
- Rotortrade Selects Heli-One To Perform Two H225 Return-to-Service
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Aviation Search Group Adds Two New Managing Directors to Support Growth
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- StandardAero and Thales Announce Launch Customer for new H125 Autopilot System
- Applied Video Imaging Extends Product Warranty to 3 Years
- ITT Enidine Showcasing Innovative Rotorcraft Solutions at Heli-Expo
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- NHV Group and Tropical Arctic Logistics sign Strategic Teaming Agreement
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Introduces New HEC Products for Bell 206L & MD500
- Astronautics Adds New Enhancements To RoadRunner EFI
- Robinson Newscopters Deliver News
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- Airwolf Aerospace and True Blue Power Announce New Lithium-ion Main Ship Battery STCs
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Bucher presents its newest multi-mission HEMS at Heli-Expo 2020
- Astronautics Readies Its Airborne Communication System for Various Airbus Platforms