Leonardo and Mitsui Bussan Aerospace, the official distributor in Japan for the AW169, AW139 and AW189 helicopter models, announced a contract for four additional aircraft during an official ceremony held at the Japan Aerospace 2018 exhibition.
This contract further strengthens the partnership between Leonardo and Mitsui, and is a key factor in the continued growth of Leonardo’s fleet in the country where the AW139 is the best-seller in its segment. The AW169 light intermediate and the AW189 super medium twin-engine helicopters are the most successful new generation models in their class worldwide, paving the path for a further growth also in Japan.
Last March, Mitsui Bussan Aerospace and Leonardo renewed their Distributorship Agreement for three years. The partners also renewed a Basic Ordering Agreement to increase spare parts stock, further strengthening customer support services.
The AW139 has proven extremely successful in Japan. It performs a number of public utility roles including search and rescue and coast guard duties with the Japan Coast Guard; law enforcement, firefighting and disaster relief with the Japan National Police Agency, Tokyo Metropolitan Police and Fire and Disaster Management Agency; as well as supporting several prefectures and city authorities.
Around 130 Leonardo helicopters of various models are in service in Japan today performing a wide range of missions including law enforcement, emergency medical service, search and rescue, firefighting, disaster relief, VIP/corporate transport, electronic news gathering and naval utility.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria