Leonardo and Mitsui Bussan Aerospace, the official distributor in Japan for the AW169, AW139 and AW189 helicopter models, announced a contract for four additional aircraft during an official ceremony held at the Japan Aerospace 2018 exhibition.
This contract further strengthens the partnership between Leonardo and Mitsui, and is a key factor in the continued growth of Leonardo’s fleet in the country where the AW139 is the best-seller in its segment. The AW169 light intermediate and the AW189 super medium twin-engine helicopters are the most successful new generation models in their class worldwide, paving the path for a further growth also in Japan.
Last March, Mitsui Bussan Aerospace and Leonardo renewed their Distributorship Agreement for three years. The partners also renewed a Basic Ordering Agreement to increase spare parts stock, further strengthening customer support services.
The AW139 has proven extremely successful in Japan. It performs a number of public utility roles including search and rescue and coast guard duties with the Japan Coast Guard; law enforcement, firefighting and disaster relief with the Japan National Police Agency, Tokyo Metropolitan Police and Fire and Disaster Management Agency; as well as supporting several prefectures and city authorities.
Around 130 Leonardo helicopters of various models are in service in Japan today performing a wide range of missions including law enforcement, emergency medical service, search and rescue, firefighting, disaster relief, VIP/corporate transport, electronic news gathering and naval utility.
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents