The Government of Saskatchewan is committing to renew its 10-year agreement with Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service (STARS) beyond 2020 to provide helicopter air medical service in Saskatchewan. The province will also fund one of the three new helicopters needed in Saskatchewan as part of the organization’s plan for fleet renewal.
“We are pleased to announce our government’s renewed agreement with STARS,” Rural and Remote Health Minister Greg Ottenbreit said. “This agreement demonstrates our commitment to timely access to emergency medical services for the residents of Saskatchewan, particularly those in rural and remote areas. Thank you to STARS for their continued service to the people of Saskatchewan, and to Nutrien for their ongoing support.”
Nutrien announced its renewed support for STARS in Saskatchewan, committing funding toward the purchase of a new H145 helicopter. The first H145 will arrive in Saskatchewan in 2019, with the others being phased in under STARS’ renewal plan by 2023.
The financial support from Nutrien has been instrumental in ensuring the success of the STARS air medical service in the province. In addition to providing a helicopter, Nutrien also provides the hangar used as STARS’ Saskatoon base.
“Nutrien is proud to renew its long-term support of STARS and ensure this vital service can be enhanced for the people of Saskatchewan,” Nutrien Vice-President of Sustainability and Stakeholder Relations Candace Laing said. “We have operations that span the province and we know the importance of having access to emergency care for our communities.”
STARS is launching a fundraising drive to finance the third helicopter for Saskatchewan, as part of its Keep the Fight in Flight campaign announced in June 2018.
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8