The Government of Saskatchewan is committing to renew its 10-year agreement with Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service (STARS) beyond 2020 to provide helicopter air medical service in Saskatchewan. The province will also fund one of the three new helicopters needed in Saskatchewan as part of the organization’s plan for fleet renewal.
“We are pleased to announce our government’s renewed agreement with STARS,” Rural and Remote Health Minister Greg Ottenbreit said. “This agreement demonstrates our commitment to timely access to emergency medical services for the residents of Saskatchewan, particularly those in rural and remote areas. Thank you to STARS for their continued service to the people of Saskatchewan, and to Nutrien for their ongoing support.”
Nutrien announced its renewed support for STARS in Saskatchewan, committing funding toward the purchase of a new H145 helicopter. The first H145 will arrive in Saskatchewan in 2019, with the others being phased in under STARS’ renewal plan by 2023.
The financial support from Nutrien has been instrumental in ensuring the success of the STARS air medical service in the province. In addition to providing a helicopter, Nutrien also provides the hangar used as STARS’ Saskatoon base.
“Nutrien is proud to renew its long-term support of STARS and ensure this vital service can be enhanced for the people of Saskatchewan,” Nutrien Vice-President of Sustainability and Stakeholder Relations Candace Laing said. “We have operations that span the province and we know the importance of having access to emergency care for our communities.”
STARS is launching a fundraising drive to finance the third helicopter for Saskatchewan, as part of its Keep the Fight in Flight campaign announced in June 2018.
- Jämtlandsflyg to seize operations
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for 407 i
- FAA Establishes Restrictions on Drone Operations over DOJ and DOD Facilities
- ESG offering Smart Mission Display for helicopters and mission aircraft
- Rosoboronexport Ready to Expand Cooperation
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 27,000th mission
- Airbus eDynamic troubleshooting tool
- Airbus Keycopter at Heli-Expo 2019
- 8 Golden Rules About Weather and Helicopter Flights
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces Facility Relocation and Expansion
- New Trustee for Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust
- UK EMS charities invited to bid for share of £10m funding
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Boeing Awarded $13M Contract for Qatar Armed Forces AH-64E Support
- Leonardo opens a new facility in Pisa
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years