Mr. Rabindra Adhikari, Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation (MoCTCA) stated that helicopter service is very significant in Nepal due to its geographical structure. He said that it is considered as a friend of calamity.
In the opening ceremonial program of Helicopter Society of Nepal organized (HSoN) at Kathmandu on Tuesday (December 4), Tourism Minister said that helicopter service will be available in all parts of Nepal. For this, the government has planned to construct helipad in all the villages and municipalities.
He further informed that the arrangement will be made to operate helicopter from more airports by increasing helicopter operations.
Talking on the context of Nepali aviation still in blacklist of European Union (EU) since five years, Minister Adhikari said that the government is in an attempt to remove it from blacklist as soon as possible.
International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) previously removed Nepali carrier from significant safety Concern (SSC). Minister Adhikari stated that Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) should be competitive and requires strategic partnership or private-public partnership to forward the corporation as strong organization.
He said that the government is looking forward to this issue. In the absence of airline companies, the prosperity of Nepal is impossible, he added. He also said that there is one side about the topic of the corporation purchased and other side of making it a strong organization.
Captain Rameshwor Thapa, Chairman of HSoN stated that all rural areas of the nation should be considered as the beauty of Nepal. According to him, the helicopter operations should be taken positively in order to make its operation available more easily.
Recently, the helicopter services are being provided through phone calls. The helicopter effective services have made possible to save someone’s lives in emergency situation.
When any catastrophe hits, the helicopter has played its role effectively, Captain Thapa said. Thapa recalled the incident that the helicopter had saved many lives from Civil War till the earthquake.
In the inaugurated program, the new logo of HSoN was unveiled. In the program, HSoN has honored many people who have contributed in the helicopter sector. Captain Rabindra Prasad Pradhan, Brigadier General Pushpa Bahadur KC (retired army), Brigadier General Gunjaman Lama (retired army) and Captain Bikash JB Rana were honored.
Engineer Mahesh Kumar Nakarmi,Engineer Om Prasad Shrestha, Engineer Bishnu Basnet, Flight operation officer (Dispatcher) Bhakti Shrestha and Air Traffic Controller Narayan Bahadur Singh Dangol were also honored.
Those honored individual delivered their experience speech in aviation sector.
‘Helicopter Society of Nepal’ has been established with an aim to provide standardised, reliable and accident-free aviation service.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™