The London Heli Shuttle, operated by Castle Air at London Biggin Hill Airport, is extending its fleet to 10 helicopters with the addition of a new AgustaWestland AW139.
The London Heli Shuttle was established in 2015 to offer the airport’s customers the fastest and most convenient route to central London. The service has been in high demand ever since.
Now, the addition of the twin-engine AW139 to Castle Air’s current fleet of AW109 Grands will further boost the number of transfers available at short notice. With a larger cabin, it will also provide a more comfortable journey into the capital.
Andy Patsalides, marketing manager, London Biggin Hill Airport says: “Taking just six minutes to the centre of London, our Heli Shuttle service has proved a real boon to our clients. In particular, those travelling long-distance from the Middle East, Asia Pacific and North America are benefitting from the fastest transfer to the City. With our extended operating hours, you can land from 6:30am and be in London in time for an early breakfast meeting.
“The new AW139 will enable Castle Air to keep up with the soaring demand for the service, as we continue to serve as the fast-track gateway for London and the City.”
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139