The London Heli Shuttle, operated by Castle Air at London Biggin Hill Airport, is extending its fleet to 10 helicopters with the addition of a new AgustaWestland AW139.
The London Heli Shuttle was established in 2015 to offer the airport’s customers the fastest and most convenient route to central London. The service has been in high demand ever since.
Now, the addition of the twin-engine AW139 to Castle Air’s current fleet of AW109 Grands will further boost the number of transfers available at short notice. With a larger cabin, it will also provide a more comfortable journey into the capital.
Andy Patsalides, marketing manager, London Biggin Hill Airport says: “Taking just six minutes to the centre of London, our Heli Shuttle service has proved a real boon to our clients. In particular, those travelling long-distance from the Middle East, Asia Pacific and North America are benefitting from the fastest transfer to the City. With our extended operating hours, you can land from 6:30am and be in London in time for an early breakfast meeting.
“The new AW139 will enable Castle Air to keep up with the soaring demand for the service, as we continue to serve as the fast-track gateway for London and the City.”
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- CHC Australia completes roll out of Leonardo AW139
- DART launches its new AW139 Skylight Window
- LCI Grows Australia-Based helicopter fleet
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SKYTRAC to Equip Fleet
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- Babcock wins five year Australia contract with two AW139s
- Heli-Union wins long-term Perenco AW139 contract in Gabon
- Babcock exits southern North Sea operations
- 02-Feb-19 5N-CML Leonardo AW139 Kabba, Nigeria
- 29-Dec-18 Leonardo AW139 Jebel Jais, UAE (4F)
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130