Heli-One, a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce the signing of a Letter of Intent (LOI) with China Southern Airlines. This LOI signifies the beginning of a strategic agreement for a long-term cooperation between the two companies. China Southern Airlines will benefit from Heli-One’s experience in providing comprehensive maintenance support to global operators.
Heli-One will provide China Southern Airlines with helicopter component MRO and Design Engineering support. This agreement will allow more diverse work for Heli-One’s shops and enhance maintenance coverage for China Southern Airlines’ fleet. With three facilities worldwide and a team of over 650 employees, Heli-One has the global coverage and personnel expertise to support China Southern Airlines’ component maintenance needs and more.
China Southern Airlines’ helicopter division is China Southern Airlines General Aviation (CSAGA). It was founded in 1980 and is China’s largest Sikorsky helicopter operator. The company has 10 operation bases across China and the fleet includes S-92, S-76, and Bell 407. CSAGA provides helicopter transport services for a variety of industries – primarily for offshore, but also for utility, forestry, SAR, photography, and general transportation.
Heli-One has been providing maintenance services for S-92 and S-76 aircraft for decades and has amassed a wealth of knowledge from component repair to Design Engineering. Heli-One is an Authorized Sikorsky S-76 Customer Support Center and an Authorized Gearbox Overhaul facility. Design engineers and technicians have developed hundreds of Major, Minor, and unique repairs across both platforms. Heli-One has provided support to China Southern Airlines in the past, including component repair & Overhaul and Design Engineering.
“We are excited to start this new chapter of our working relationship with China Southern Airlines. They are the aviation leader in the Chinese civilian market, and we are looking forward to supporting them in their growth. Our team is ready to support their maintenance needs and share our learnings with them,” said Eddie Lane, President, Heli-One.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report