Heli-One, a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce the signing of a Letter of Intent (LOI) with China Southern Airlines. This LOI signifies the beginning of a strategic agreement for a long-term cooperation between the two companies. China Southern Airlines will benefit from Heli-One’s experience in providing comprehensive maintenance support to global operators.
Heli-One will provide China Southern Airlines with helicopter component MRO and Design Engineering support. This agreement will allow more diverse work for Heli-One’s shops and enhance maintenance coverage for China Southern Airlines’ fleet. With three facilities worldwide and a team of over 650 employees, Heli-One has the global coverage and personnel expertise to support China Southern Airlines’ component maintenance needs and more.
China Southern Airlines’ helicopter division is China Southern Airlines General Aviation (CSAGA). It was founded in 1980 and is China’s largest Sikorsky helicopter operator. The company has 10 operation bases across China and the fleet includes S-92, S-76, and Bell 407. CSAGA provides helicopter transport services for a variety of industries – primarily for offshore, but also for utility, forestry, SAR, photography, and general transportation.
Heli-One has been providing maintenance services for S-92 and S-76 aircraft for decades and has amassed a wealth of knowledge from component repair to Design Engineering. Heli-One is an Authorized Sikorsky S-76 Customer Support Center and an Authorized Gearbox Overhaul facility. Design engineers and technicians have developed hundreds of Major, Minor, and unique repairs across both platforms. Heli-One has provided support to China Southern Airlines in the past, including component repair & Overhaul and Design Engineering.
“We are excited to start this new chapter of our working relationship with China Southern Airlines. They are the aviation leader in the Chinese civilian market, and we are looking forward to supporting them in their growth. Our team is ready to support their maintenance needs and share our learnings with them,” said Eddie Lane, President, Heli-One.
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- UK AAIB Bulletin – March 2019
- Smart heli-hook helps raise angel to realm of glory
- Astronautics introduces IBEX™ family
- Sterling Launches New Version of QuickOnline Mobile App
- IMT Vislink showcases updated AVDS System
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- Helicentre announces scholarship winners
- PhilJets orders 3 Bell 505 Helicopters
- HAI Partners with JSfirm.com to Address Shortage