Heli-One, a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services, is pleased to announce the signing of a Letter of Intent (LOI) with China Southern Airlines. This LOI signifies the beginning of a strategic agreement for a long-term cooperation between the two companies. China Southern Airlines will benefit from Heli-One’s experience in providing comprehensive maintenance support to global operators.
Heli-One will provide China Southern Airlines with helicopter component MRO and Design Engineering support. This agreement will allow more diverse work for Heli-One’s shops and enhance maintenance coverage for China Southern Airlines’ fleet. With three facilities worldwide and a team of over 650 employees, Heli-One has the global coverage and personnel expertise to support China Southern Airlines’ component maintenance needs and more.
China Southern Airlines’ helicopter division is China Southern Airlines General Aviation (CSAGA). It was founded in 1980 and is China’s largest Sikorsky helicopter operator. The company has 10 operation bases across China and the fleet includes S-92, S-76, and Bell 407. CSAGA provides helicopter transport services for a variety of industries – primarily for offshore, but also for utility, forestry, SAR, photography, and general transportation.
Heli-One has been providing maintenance services for S-92 and S-76 aircraft for decades and has amassed a wealth of knowledge from component repair to Design Engineering. Heli-One is an Authorized Sikorsky S-76 Customer Support Center and an Authorized Gearbox Overhaul facility. Design engineers and technicians have developed hundreds of Major, Minor, and unique repairs across both platforms. Heli-One has provided support to China Southern Airlines in the past, including component repair & Overhaul and Design Engineering.
“We are excited to start this new chapter of our working relationship with China Southern Airlines. They are the aviation leader in the Chinese civilian market, and we are looking forward to supporting them in their growth. Our team is ready to support their maintenance needs and share our learnings with them,” said Eddie Lane, President, Heli-One.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet