Aspen Avionics announced it has received a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the Evolution E5 Dual Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI). The Evolution E5 can be sold directly to consumers by Aspen Avionics authorized dealers and aviation retailers.
Introduced in April 2018 at the Aircraft Electronics Association (AEA) annual convention, the STC’d, non-TSO Evolution E5 consolidates attitude indicator plus DG/CDI into a single display with a rechargeable backup battery. It also includes Global Positioning System Steering (GPSS), air data computer, and attitude heading reference system (ADAHRS) starting at $4,995. “The interest in the E5 has been overwhelming and we have a significant order backlog. We expect to be shipping the E5 as soon as we receive the Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) which is expected very soon,” said Mark Ferrari, Aspen vice president of sales and customer support.
Like all Aspen displays, the Evolution E5 EFI is configurable, upgradeable, and affordable. The E5 can also be upgraded to the brand new EFD1000 Pro MAX series primary flight display through an affordable upgrade path which comes with a new two-year warranty. Unlike other standalone systems, Aspen’s versatile design and open architecture allow features to be easily configured to specific flight needs with the opportunity to add additional options and capability without unit replacement.
With redesigned electronics and new glass, the Evolution E5 has a bolder and brighter display and offers higher reliability, more capability and increased processing speed all while retaining Aspen’s unique form factor design that keeps installation costs down. Designed as a drop-in non-TSO replacement for traditional mechanical vacuum instruments, the Evolution E5 also interfaces with most legacy autopilots and will also interface to the new TruTrak Vizion autopilot.
- Backup attitude indicator not required
- Rechargeable backup battery
- IFR certified with glide slope and localizer display
- Single unit installation – consolidates traditional attitude indicator and directional gyro/course deviation indicator into a single display
- Provides a path for removal of vacuum systems
- Interfaces with most industry autopilots and provides GPSS roll steering
- Non-TSO STC approval
- Affordable Evolution E5 to TSO-approved Evolution 1000 Pro MAX PFD upgrade
- Large, 6.0” diagonal, 400 x 760 pixel TFT Active Matrix LCD screen with bolder and brighter resolution
- Works with existing avionics
- Patented, unique form-fit design slides easily into existing panel cutouts
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas