DART Aerospace (“DART”) recently received approval of updates to the STC from TCCA, FAA and EASA for its latest additions to their bestselling AS350/AS355 Quick Release Heli-Utility-Basket™.
Since receiving initial certification of a utility basket on the AS350 in 1994, DART has been consistently improving and adding to the design to meet the evolving requirements of the industry. The most notable addition to the new basket from its predecessor is its oversized, curve-top lid, which adds 30% more storage space; the lid is available as a retrofit option for long baskets using the light or heavy-duty flat lid. Other additions include an optional ground-handling wheel for easy maneuvering and double-locking quick-release pins, also available for retrofit.
As with the previous generations, the new basket carries no VNE restriction; in fact, a new flight test program has allowed DART to relax performance restrictions on all DART AS350 baskets. Furthermore, the basket can be quickly installed or removed with no tools by one person in less than a minute, thanks to its industry leading quick-release system.
“The impetus for this design change was to allow customers to transport rigid based, multi-drop firefighting buckets” says Wesley Reid, Product Manager at DART “but we are excited about the benefits that the added cargo volume this new lid will present to operators in the heli skiing, public service, utility and firefighting industries.”
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet