DART Aerospace (“DART”) recently received approval of updates to the STC from TCCA, FAA and EASA for its latest additions to their bestselling AS350/AS355 Quick Release Heli-Utility-Basket™.
Since receiving initial certification of a utility basket on the AS350 in 1994, DART has been consistently improving and adding to the design to meet the evolving requirements of the industry. The most notable addition to the new basket from its predecessor is its oversized, curve-top lid, which adds 30% more storage space; the lid is available as a retrofit option for long baskets using the light or heavy-duty flat lid. Other additions include an optional ground-handling wheel for easy maneuvering and double-locking quick-release pins, also available for retrofit.
As with the previous generations, the new basket carries no VNE restriction; in fact, a new flight test program has allowed DART to relax performance restrictions on all DART AS350 baskets. Furthermore, the basket can be quickly installed or removed with no tools by one person in less than a minute, thanks to its industry leading quick-release system.
“The impetus for this design change was to allow customers to transport rigid based, multi-drop firefighting buckets” says Wesley Reid, Product Manager at DART “but we are excited about the benefits that the added cargo volume this new lid will present to operators in the heli skiing, public service, utility and firefighting industries.”
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS