DART Aerospace (“DART”) recently received approval of updates to the STC from TCCA, FAA and EASA for its latest additions to their bestselling AS350/AS355 Quick Release Heli-Utility-Basket™.
Since receiving initial certification of a utility basket on the AS350 in 1994, DART has been consistently improving and adding to the design to meet the evolving requirements of the industry. The most notable addition to the new basket from its predecessor is its oversized, curve-top lid, which adds 30% more storage space; the lid is available as a retrofit option for long baskets using the light or heavy-duty flat lid. Other additions include an optional ground-handling wheel for easy maneuvering and double-locking quick-release pins, also available for retrofit.
As with the previous generations, the new basket carries no VNE restriction; in fact, a new flight test program has allowed DART to relax performance restrictions on all DART AS350 baskets. Furthermore, the basket can be quickly installed or removed with no tools by one person in less than a minute, thanks to its industry leading quick-release system.
“The impetus for this design change was to allow customers to transport rigid based, multi-drop firefighting buckets” says Wesley Reid, Product Manager at DART “but we are excited about the benefits that the added cargo volume this new lid will present to operators in the heli skiing, public service, utility and firefighting industries.”
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- UK AAIB Bulletin – March 2019
- Smart heli-hook helps raise angel to realm of glory
- Astronautics introduces IBEX™ family
- Sterling Launches New Version of QuickOnline Mobile App
- IMT Vislink showcases updated AVDS System
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- Helicentre announces scholarship winners
- PhilJets orders 3 Bell 505 Helicopters
- HAI Partners with JSfirm.com to Address Shortage