DART Aerospace (“DART”) recently received approval of updates to the STC from TCCA, FAA and EASA for its latest additions to their bestselling AS350/AS355 Quick Release Heli-Utility-Basket™.
Since receiving initial certification of a utility basket on the AS350 in 1994, DART has been consistently improving and adding to the design to meet the evolving requirements of the industry. The most notable addition to the new basket from its predecessor is its oversized, curve-top lid, which adds 30% more storage space; the lid is available as a retrofit option for long baskets using the light or heavy-duty flat lid. Other additions include an optional ground-handling wheel for easy maneuvering and double-locking quick-release pins, also available for retrofit.
As with the previous generations, the new basket carries no VNE restriction; in fact, a new flight test program has allowed DART to relax performance restrictions on all DART AS350 baskets. Furthermore, the basket can be quickly installed or removed with no tools by one person in less than a minute, thanks to its industry leading quick-release system.
“The impetus for this design change was to allow customers to transport rigid based, multi-drop firefighting buckets” says Wesley Reid, Product Manager at DART “but we are excited about the benefits that the added cargo volume this new lid will present to operators in the heli skiing, public service, utility and firefighting industries.”
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s