Remaining on the leading edge of helicopter growth in India, Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI) announced the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) of India’s acceptance of its AW139 and EC130T2 Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF) Supplemental Type Certificates.
With the number of helicopters in India expected to increase three-fold to at least 800 within the next 10-20 years according to the Centre for Asian Pacific Aviation (CAPA), Donaldson is positioning itself to support the growing industry. From rugged, high-altitude mountainous regions to harsh desert environments, India’s weather and terrain can prove challenging to helicopter operations. There is little room for engine power loss due to ingested dirt, dust and debris. Donaldson IBFs eliminate those hazards, keeping engines clean and avoiding power loss caused by particle ingestion.
“The high population and topography of India, paired with recent work by the government to assist growth in aviation, make this country an ideal location for growth across many sectors of the helicopter industry – charter, EMS, SAR, utility, to name a few,” said Dan Larsen, General Manager, Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. “Operators in India’s harsh environments can now rely on Donaldson to provide the engine protection they need to safely execute their missions.”
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee