The approval of a new heliport in the Netherlands at Eemshaven is in place following contract signatures on 18th December. Groningen Seaports owns the infrastructure that is needed for the functioning of the heliport, the official opening of which is scheduled for summer 2019. The approvals specify a maximum of 15 return flights per day.
The landing and landing site is located in the northwestern part of the Eemshaven, close to the ferry service to Borkum. The total site covers an area of around 4.5 hectares, of which 1.35 hectares is aerodrome.
In addition to an approach point, the site has two parking spots and a terminal building. It is possible that buildings will be added in the future, such as a hangar or office spaces.
Groningen Seaports states that the heliport is needed due to the increased work volume with windfarms, particulary noting that companies in this sector have involvement across many years for both construction phase as well as ongoing support when energy production is put online.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Bell at SXSW 2019
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom