The approval of a new heliport in the Netherlands at Eemshaven is in place following contract signatures on 18th December. Groningen Seaports owns the infrastructure that is needed for the functioning of the heliport, the official opening of which is scheduled for summer 2019. The approvals specify a maximum of 15 return flights per day.
The landing and landing site is located in the northwestern part of the Eemshaven, close to the ferry service to Borkum. The total site covers an area of around 4.5 hectares, of which 1.35 hectares is aerodrome.
In addition to an approach point, the site has two parking spots and a terminal building. It is possible that buildings will be added in the future, such as a hangar or office spaces.
Groningen Seaports states that the heliport is needed due to the increased work volume with windfarms, particulary noting that companies in this sector have involvement across many years for both construction phase as well as ongoing support when energy production is put online.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator