The approval of a new heliport in the Netherlands at Eemshaven is in place following contract signatures on 18th December. Groningen Seaports owns the infrastructure that is needed for the functioning of the heliport, the official opening of which is scheduled for summer 2019. The approvals specify a maximum of 15 return flights per day.
The landing and landing site is located in the northwestern part of the Eemshaven, close to the ferry service to Borkum. The total site covers an area of around 4.5 hectares, of which 1.35 hectares is aerodrome.
In addition to an approach point, the site has two parking spots and a terminal building. It is possible that buildings will be added in the future, such as a hangar or office spaces.
Groningen Seaports states that the heliport is needed due to the increased work volume with windfarms, particulary noting that companies in this sector have involvement across many years for both construction phase as well as ongoing support when energy production is put online.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International