The Michelle North Scholarship for Safety is awarded to a pilot who has already attained a commercial helicopter rating and who demonstrates an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices. The scholarship was founded in memory of Michelle North, a longtime industry advocate of safety, to encourage a stronger focus on safety education and training in helicopter operations. One scholarship may be awarded annually.
The scholarship pays the registration fee for the recipient to attend an SMS course, which is part of the HAI Professional Education Program to be held at HAI HELI-EXPO 2019, in Atlanta, March 4–7 (exhibits open March 5–7).
In addition, scholarship recipients receive:
A complimentary one-year membership in Helicopter Association International (HAI), the trade association for the international helicopter industry
A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest to HAI HELI-EXPO, including lunch for two at the HAI Salute to Excellence Awards luncheon; hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest
A subscription to ROTOR magazine and ROTOR Daily.
Applicants must be pilots who hold an FAA commercial helicopter rating or international-equivalent. Applicants must already be working in the helicopter industry, either in the safety or safety management field or preparing to enter the safety or safety management field.
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand