The Michelle North Scholarship for Safety is awarded to a pilot who has already attained a commercial helicopter rating and who demonstrates an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices. The scholarship was founded in memory of Michelle North, a longtime industry advocate of safety, to encourage a stronger focus on safety education and training in helicopter operations. One scholarship may be awarded annually.
The scholarship pays the registration fee for the recipient to attend an SMS course, which is part of the HAI Professional Education Program to be held at HAI HELI-EXPO 2019, in Atlanta, March 4–7 (exhibits open March 5–7).
In addition, scholarship recipients receive:
A complimentary one-year membership in Helicopter Association International (HAI), the trade association for the international helicopter industry
A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest to HAI HELI-EXPO, including lunch for two at the HAI Salute to Excellence Awards luncheon; hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest
A subscription to ROTOR magazine and ROTOR Daily.
Applicants must be pilots who hold an FAA commercial helicopter rating or international-equivalent. Applicants must already be working in the helicopter industry, either in the safety or safety management field or preparing to enter the safety or safety management field.
- Bell at SXSW 2019
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom