The Michelle North Scholarship for Safety is awarded to a pilot who has already attained a commercial helicopter rating and who demonstrates an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices. The scholarship was founded in memory of Michelle North, a longtime industry advocate of safety, to encourage a stronger focus on safety education and training in helicopter operations. One scholarship may be awarded annually.
The scholarship pays the registration fee for the recipient to attend an SMS course, which is part of the HAI Professional Education Program to be held at HAI HELI-EXPO 2019, in Atlanta, March 4–7 (exhibits open March 5–7).
In addition, scholarship recipients receive:
A complimentary one-year membership in Helicopter Association International (HAI), the trade association for the international helicopter industry
A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest to HAI HELI-EXPO, including lunch for two at the HAI Salute to Excellence Awards luncheon; hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest
A subscription to ROTOR magazine and ROTOR Daily.
Applicants must be pilots who hold an FAA commercial helicopter rating or international-equivalent. Applicants must already be working in the helicopter industry, either in the safety or safety management field or preparing to enter the safety or safety management field.
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL