The Michelle North Scholarship for Safety is awarded to a pilot who has already attained a commercial helicopter rating and who demonstrates an outstanding aptitude for safe flying and aviation best practices. The scholarship was founded in memory of Michelle North, a longtime industry advocate of safety, to encourage a stronger focus on safety education and training in helicopter operations. One scholarship may be awarded annually.
The scholarship pays the registration fee for the recipient to attend an SMS course, which is part of the HAI Professional Education Program to be held at HAI HELI-EXPO 2019, in Atlanta, March 4–7 (exhibits open March 5–7).
In addition, scholarship recipients receive:
A complimentary one-year membership in Helicopter Association International (HAI), the trade association for the international helicopter industry
A complimentary full registration for the scholarship recipient and a guest to HAI HELI-EXPO, including lunch for two at the HAI Salute to Excellence Awards luncheon; hotel and travel expenses are the responsibility of the scholarship winner and guest
A subscription to ROTOR magazine and ROTOR Daily.
Applicants must be pilots who hold an FAA commercial helicopter rating or international-equivalent. Applicants must already be working in the helicopter industry, either in the safety or safety management field or preparing to enter the safety or safety management field.
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- UK AAIB Bulletin – March 2019
- Smart heli-hook helps raise angel to realm of glory
- Astronautics introduces IBEX™ family
- Sterling Launches New Version of QuickOnline Mobile App
- IMT Vislink showcases updated AVDS System