Robinson added Avidyne’s IFD 400 series touchscreen GPS navigators to its R22, R44 and R66 avionics options. The 400 series may be operated by either touchscreen or buttons and knobs which allows the IFD to be installed in the helicopter’s lower center console or in the pilot side console. Wi-Fi, for interfacing with an iPad, and Synthetic Vision are standard.
When used in conjunction with Avidyne’s IFD100 app, an iPad may mirror the IFD display or may serve as an independent display capable of controlling the IFD. The IFD100 app is free and available on the Apple App Store.
Featuring a 4.8-inch display, the IFD 400 series is available on R22, R44, and R66 helicopters.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters.
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model
- Sikorsky HH-60W Achieves First Flight
- CHC pilots accept 9.27% pay rise
- Helicopter now stationed at Scotland Memorial Hospital
- Safran Helicopter Engines Partners with Citicopter in Russia
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement
- Rusada joins the European Helicopter Association
- Airbus Helicopters showed H135 at HeliRussia
- Magpas Air Ambulance CEO appointed to the Board of the Association of Air Ambulances