Robinson added Avidyne’s IFD 400 series touchscreen GPS navigators to its R22, R44 and R66 avionics options. The 400 series may be operated by either touchscreen or buttons and knobs which allows the IFD to be installed in the helicopter’s lower center console or in the pilot side console. Wi-Fi, for interfacing with an iPad, and Synthetic Vision are standard.
When used in conjunction with Avidyne’s IFD100 app, an iPad may mirror the IFD display or may serve as an independent display capable of controlling the IFD. The IFD100 app is free and available on the Apple App Store.
Featuring a 4.8-inch display, the IFD 400 series is available on R22, R44, and R66 helicopters.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters.
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent