Robinson added Avidyne’s IFD 400 series touchscreen GPS navigators to its R22, R44 and R66 avionics options. The 400 series may be operated by either touchscreen or buttons and knobs which allows the IFD to be installed in the helicopter’s lower center console or in the pilot side console. Wi-Fi, for interfacing with an iPad, and Synthetic Vision are standard.
When used in conjunction with Avidyne’s IFD100 app, an iPad may mirror the IFD display or may serve as an independent display capable of controlling the IFD. The IFD100 app is free and available on the Apple App Store.
Featuring a 4.8-inch display, the IFD 400 series is available on R22, R44, and R66 helicopters.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters.
- China to sanction Lockheed Martin
- Innisfail Health Centre helipad closed for safety improvements
- Newport Helicopter Tours Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- KAI aims to export first Korean-made helicopter to Indonesia
- Air ambulances in Nova Scotia now carry supply of blood
- Melfort Union Hospital helipad goes out to tender
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package to Mexio
- Nigerian Air Force inaugurates helipad for anti-bandit operations
- First Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey delivered to Japan
- Royal Hobart Hospital helipad now open
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package for Colombian National Police
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone