Robinson added Avidyne’s IFD 400 series touchscreen GPS navigators to its R22, R44 and R66 avionics options. The 400 series may be operated by either touchscreen or buttons and knobs which allows the IFD to be installed in the helicopter’s lower center console or in the pilot side console. Wi-Fi, for interfacing with an iPad, and Synthetic Vision are standard.
When used in conjunction with Avidyne’s IFD100 app, an iPad may mirror the IFD display or may serve as an independent display capable of controlling the IFD. The IFD100 app is free and available on the Apple App Store.
Featuring a 4.8-inch display, the IFD 400 series is available on R22, R44, and R66 helicopters.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters.
- San Diego commits to four Airbus H125s for Police Dept
- New leasing company Thora Capital closes helicopter transaction
- Erickson Named Top 10 Defense Manufacturing Solution Provider
- John Deere and Volocopter collaborate on agricultural drone
- DCS Awarded $93.4M Task Order to Support AFLCMC/WIH Helicopter Program Office
- HSC-22 Teams with Kanas City College
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- PWC adds Russian maintenance facility for Ansat helicopters
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA