Robinson added Avidyne’s IFD 400 series touchscreen GPS navigators to its R22, R44 and R66 avionics options. The 400 series may be operated by either touchscreen or buttons and knobs which allows the IFD to be installed in the helicopter’s lower center console or in the pilot side console. Wi-Fi, for interfacing with an iPad, and Synthetic Vision are standard.
When used in conjunction with Avidyne’s IFD100 app, an iPad may mirror the IFD display or may serve as an independent display capable of controlling the IFD. The IFD100 app is free and available on the Apple App Store.
Featuring a 4.8-inch display, the IFD 400 series is available on R22, R44, and R66 helicopters.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters.
- Bell at SXSW 2019
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom