Robinson added Avidyne’s IFD 400 series touchscreen GPS navigators to its R22, R44 and R66 avionics options. The 400 series may be operated by either touchscreen or buttons and knobs which allows the IFD to be installed in the helicopter’s lower center console or in the pilot side console. Wi-Fi, for interfacing with an iPad, and Synthetic Vision are standard.
When used in conjunction with Avidyne’s IFD100 app, an iPad may mirror the IFD display or may serve as an independent display capable of controlling the IFD. The IFD100 app is free and available on the Apple App Store.
Featuring a 4.8-inch display, the IFD 400 series is available on R22, R44, and R66 helicopters.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters.
- Shell Aircraft looking to introduce the H160 into service
- CAMTS Awards First Special Operations Accreditation
- S.A.F.E. to host its first annual Maintenance Safety Symposium
- Precision Aviation Group, Inc. (PAG) Acquires World Aviation Corporation (WAC)
- Maverick announces CRFS retrofit for its entire EC130B4 fleet
- Airbus to deliver 16 H125s to Customs and Border Protection
- Bell and Wintershall Dea Set Sights for Innovative North Sea Operations
- Alameda County Sheriff orders a Bell 505
- Tennessee Valley Authority orders two Bell 429s and two 407GXi
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Maxcraft Avionics receives STC for Garmin GTN750H Navigator in AS365
- S.A.F.E. Structure Designs wins $1M CH-47F fall protection platform contract
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- Sierra Nevada DVE Technology Mitigates Risk of Operating Helicopters
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- Rotortrade gives its view on pre-owned helicopter market
- Sikorsky Recognizes California Firehawk Aerial Firefighters
- StandardAero wins Rolls-Royce M250 award for 11th Consecutive Year
- Guimbal introduces new updates for Cabri G2
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s