- In 1951, Bell broke ground in Fort Worth for the first factory in the world specifically built to manufacture helicopters. Since then, generations of iconic rotorcraft and tiltrotor have been conceived, with more than 35,000 Bell aircraft delivered worldwide to date.
- Bell’s Fort Worth Headquarters is the second facility in company history to be designated as a Vertical Heritage Site. In 2015, Bell’s “Gardenville” Site in Cheektowaga, New York was celebrated.
- The Vertical Flight Society — founded in 1943 as the American Helicopter Society — is the world’s oldest and largest society dedicated to advancing vertical flight technology. The Society’s Vertical Flight Heritage Sites Program recognizes and helps preserve the important vertical flight historical sites around the world.
“Bell has conceived, designed, built and tested the most advanced aircraft in the history of vertical flight,” said Robert Hastings, Executive Vice President, Strategic Communications and Government Affairs.
“This is an incredible achievement and honor for Bell and today, we celebrate the contributions to vertical flight made by both current and former Bell employees.”
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL