Leonardo announced the signing of a contract with Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd. (“Sakhalin Energy”) for the supply of three AW189 super medium twin engine commercial helicopters. The aircraft will be used to perform transport operations from Sakhalin Island in Russia supporting the Oil&Gas industry, with deliveries expected to start in the 1Q2020. The contract was signed in Moscow today by Gian Piero Cutillo, MD Leonardo Helicopters, and Roman Dashkov, CEO of Sakhalin Energy.
“This latest order confirms the competitiveness of Leonardo’s modern product range in the Oil&Gas market and further strengthens the success of the AW189 in Russia and globally thanks to its performance, new design, latest certification standards and cost effectiveness for the mission. We’re confident the AW189 will allow Sakhalin Energy to perform a quantum leap forward in operational capabilities”, said Gian Piero Cutillo, MD Leonardo Helicopters.
Roman Dashkov, CEO of Sakhalin Energy, said: “It is symbolic that we are finishing this year with such an important event as signing of the contracts for delivery and maintenance of three helicopters to provide the transportation of the company staff to the remote facilities of ‘Sakhalin Energy’. This chain of cooperation is beneficial to all the participants. The direct consequences of that are: safe air transportation, reliable service of offshore oil and gas objects in adverse natural and climatic conditions of Sakhalin shelf. This is the step forward both for Russian industry and for international cooperation.”
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support