Airbus Helicopters, Inc. is proud to deliver a twin-engine H145 rotorcraft to new customer SoCal Air Services, a venture recently launched by Fred Luddy, founder of ServiceNow (NYSE – NOW), a cloud computing company that Forbes declared “The World’s Most Innovative Company of 2018” (May 2018 cover issue).
“We are extremely excited to begin flying our new H145. We were immediately drawn to this striking helicopter when we saw it at the Heli Expo trade show in Las Vegas earlier this year,” said Mr. Luddy. “What really impressed us with the H145 was its large cabin capacity, high performance, safety features, stylish design, and configuration versatility, all of which make it an invaluable asset as we build our new business and expand others.”
The H145 was delivered out of Airbus Helicopters’ industrial facilities in Columbus, MS, and will serve as the lead rotorcraft for SoCal Air Services out of Carlsbad, CA. The company will operate the helicopter for charter flights, movie work, real estate operations and to support Mr. Luddy’s other business interests, including the World TeamTennis League, a sports property he owns with Billie Jean King.
Offering full-spectrum, mission-fit capabilities, the H145 is a modern and efficient twin-engine solution for corporate customers in the U.S. and worldwide. The latest model in the proven H145 family incorporates Airbus Helicopters’ advanced cockpit design and innovative Helionix avionics suite. Payload and range, along with a large cabin, allow for a superior transport experience, and the aircraft’s low sound levels enable neighborhood-friendly operations in urban areas. With capacity for up to nine passengers, the H145 is the perfect asset for any business or passenger transport mission.
“Airbus Helicopters is proud to welcome Fred and the entire SoCal Air Services team to the Airbus family, and we know that the H145 is going to be a perfect addition to their fixed wing fleet operations,” said Airbus Helicopters, Inc. Chief Operating Officer Romain Trapp. “Providing a superior customer service is our main objective, and we sincerely look forward to supporting SoCal Air Services in the future.”
In North America, private and business helicopter operations represent the second largest civil market and nearly a quarter of the company’s projected bookings in the coming years. This segment has the most new operators, both new to Airbus and new to rotorcraft, of which most fly a fixed-wing aircraft.
Airbus Helicopters, Inc. is the leading provider of helicopters in North America and is no.1 in five out of six market segments. Its Columbus facilities produce UH-72A Lakota helicopters for the U.S. Army and the H125 for the civil market, and perform new helicopter completions.
- Bell at SXSW 2019
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom