Airborne Technologies (ABT) is proud to announce its innovative system integration solution Airborne LINX is on duty with the Swiss Air-Rescue Organisation Rega and has already saved lives during their demanding SAR operations in high mountain regions. Airborne Technologies has equipped two Rega helicopters, type AW109 SP, with the necessary mounts to assemble a WESCAM camera system on a moveable lifting device outside the helicopter, as well as the advanced operator workstation inside the cabin.
With the development of an external camera lift, mounted on the LH-side of the helicopter, ABT has eliminated one of the recurring problems in airborne surveillance: the impaired downward visibility due to the landing gear. Now, Rega’s WESCAM MX-15 in its extended position on the lift enables unobstructed 360° view.
The operator workstation provides real-time information displayed on two large 21’ monitors which support split-screen functions, infrared imagery and moving map information simultaneously. Additionally, these advanced features are controllable via an easy-to-use touchscreen, which has increased the situational awareness of the operator significantly.
Wolfgang Grumeth, CEO of Airborne Technologies, said: “Endurance and payload always matter. Most of the components used for the lifting system and the workstation are made of carbon fibre and are particularly lightweight. This helicopter is equipped with the most modern surveillance equipment which is optimal tailored to Rega’s special operations.”
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- UK AAIB Bulletin – March 2019
- Smart heli-hook helps raise angel to realm of glory
- Astronautics introduces IBEX™ family
- Sterling Launches New Version of QuickOnline Mobile App