Airborne Technologies (ABT) is proud to announce its innovative system integration solution Airborne LINX is on duty with the Swiss Air-Rescue Organisation Rega and has already saved lives during their demanding SAR operations in high mountain regions. Airborne Technologies has equipped two Rega helicopters, type AW109 SP, with the necessary mounts to assemble a WESCAM camera system on a moveable lifting device outside the helicopter, as well as the advanced operator workstation inside the cabin.
With the development of an external camera lift, mounted on the LH-side of the helicopter, ABT has eliminated one of the recurring problems in airborne surveillance: the impaired downward visibility due to the landing gear. Now, Rega’s WESCAM MX-15 in its extended position on the lift enables unobstructed 360° view.
The operator workstation provides real-time information displayed on two large 21’ monitors which support split-screen functions, infrared imagery and moving map information simultaneously. Additionally, these advanced features are controllable via an easy-to-use touchscreen, which has increased the situational awareness of the operator significantly.
Wolfgang Grumeth, CEO of Airborne Technologies, said: “Endurance and payload always matter. Most of the components used for the lifting system and the workstation are made of carbon fibre and are particularly lightweight. This helicopter is equipped with the most modern surveillance equipment which is optimal tailored to Rega’s special operations.”
- Bell at SXSW 2019
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom