Airborne Technologies (ABT) is proud to announce its innovative system integration solution Airborne LINX is on duty with the Swiss Air-Rescue Organisation Rega and has already saved lives during their demanding SAR operations in high mountain regions. Airborne Technologies has equipped two Rega helicopters, type AW109 SP, with the necessary mounts to assemble a WESCAM camera system on a moveable lifting device outside the helicopter, as well as the advanced operator workstation inside the cabin.
With the development of an external camera lift, mounted on the LH-side of the helicopter, ABT has eliminated one of the recurring problems in airborne surveillance: the impaired downward visibility due to the landing gear. Now, Rega’s WESCAM MX-15 in its extended position on the lift enables unobstructed 360° view.
The operator workstation provides real-time information displayed on two large 21’ monitors which support split-screen functions, infrared imagery and moving map information simultaneously. Additionally, these advanced features are controllable via an easy-to-use touchscreen, which has increased the situational awareness of the operator significantly.
Wolfgang Grumeth, CEO of Airborne Technologies, said: “Endurance and payload always matter. Most of the components used for the lifting system and the workstation are made of carbon fibre and are particularly lightweight. This helicopter is equipped with the most modern surveillance equipment which is optimal tailored to Rega’s special operations.”
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL